Yopp Family Genealogy Forum
Henry and Bill,
This is the information I have which may be helpful in your search. I am sure we have ancestors in common.
John Yopp b. 1723 -d. 1803
m. Wineford___ around 1745, in Va. He was born to immigrants from Germany in Northumberland Co. Va. He served in the Revolution and is recorded in th list of Soldiers of Va. A record of his pay voucher was found.
John and Wineford were parents of:
1. Samuel b. Apr. 18,1748 - D. ca 1793 in Va. He married Mary Simmons
2. A daughter (name?) b. 1750 D. ca 1790
married Abner Goodwin
3. Sally b. ca 1753 d. ? Married Nathaniel Edens
4. John Yopp, Jr. b. ca 1755 - d. ca 1813?
Married Abigail Hansley
5. Winnifred (Winny) Ann, b. ca 1757
Married J. William Hansley
6. Jeremie (Jeremiah) b. Nov. 15 1759 - d. ca 1823, Married 1st Hannah Chase, 2nd Selah (Celia)Ennett
7. Mary (Molly) b. Feb. 23 1762 - d. ca 1815/16 Married Nathaniel Ennett
John Yopp, Jr. Married Abigail Hansley on Dec. 15,1794 in Onslow C. N.C. They had 3 sons, Samuel, John, and Jereme. John died prior to 1803.
John Fullwood was appointed guardian o Samuel & Jereme(Jeremiah) on Oct. 11, 1803 (no John mentioned)
On Apr. 2, 1807, John E. Spicer was appointed their guardian. Then on June 1807, Jeremiah Yopp (their uncle) was appointed guardian to Samuel & Jeremiah, orphans (no John was mentioned)
Samuel petitioned the County Court of Pleas in 1816 to devide (brother) John"s property in Onslow Co., N. C.
They moved to Laurens Co. GA
Jeremiah Yopp was born in N.C. in 1798 - d.1852 in Laurens Co. Ga
Samuel Yopp was born in N.C. in 1795 D. 1869 in Laurens Co.
Jeremiah and Margaret McCall Yopp's son was Thomas McCall. He had a faithful servant who was later called "Ten Cent Bill"
I hope this information helps. I live in Georgia, around 50 miles from Laurens Co.(Dublin)