Sorry Ruth Ann, but there was no Powell, Park County, Wyoming in 1891. The area was still in Fremont County at that time, with the county seat at Lander. In the late 1890's Fremont County was split up, and the area was then in Big Horn County, with the county seat at Basin. In 1911/1912 Big Horn County was separated into Hot Springs, Washakie, Big Horn and Park Counties and Park County had the county seat in Cody, where it is to this day. Powell was not even a thought in anyone's mind in 1891. It was started as a Reclamation Camp after the Shoshone (now Buffalo Bill) Dam was built and the irrigation was started. It was first Camp Coulter then later named Powell after Major John Wesley Powell. Since the Dam was started around 1905, Powell was not settled till several years later.