Starting Sept. 30, 2014, will be making a big change. GenForum message boards, Family Tree Maker homepages, and the most popular articles will be preserved in a read-only format, while several other features will no longer be available, including member subscriptions and the Shop.
Learn more

Chat | Daily Search | My GenForum | Community Standards | Terms of Service
Jump to Forum
Home: General Topics: World War II Genealogy Forum

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message

Individual Deceased Personnel File
Posted by: Dave Kerr (ID *****0477) Date: September 18, 2011 at 13:27:32
  of 22575

As the result of the 2005 BRAC, the
U.S. Army Human Resources Command relocated
from Alexandria, VA, to Fort Knox, Ky.

Consequently, requests for IDPFs should now be directed to
Fort Knox.

The IDPF is available without cost to family members
of WW II servicemen (Army) who died overseas.

Here is a revised sample letter to request one:

U.S. Army Human Resources Command
1600 Spearhead Division Avenue
Fort Knox, KY 40122

Dear Sirs,

IAW with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), I should like to request a copy of the Individual Deceased Personnel File for my uncle, John Smith, who died in World War II.

Below is his personal information:

- RANK: PFC John Smith
- ASN:

I realize that this will take some time, and I will be patient. Naturally, I am prepared to pay any costs necessary for the production and mailing of the file.


Notify Administrator about this message?

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message
Search this forum:

Search all of GenForum:

Proximity matching
Add this forum to My GenForum Link to GenForum
Add Forum
Home |  Help |  About Us |  Site Index |  Jobs |  PRIVACY |  Affiliate
© 2007 The Generations Network