This was in Morton's History of Preston County:
James Posten came from Hampshire about 1790 and located southeast of Masontown on the E.M. Hartley farm. His son Leonard lived in the Craborchard, but finally removed to Iowa, although his own son, Salathiel J., remained. The sons of Nicholas, grandson of the pioneer, have taken to business and professional careers outside of the county. Elias Poston was a surveyor of Hardy in 1783.
POSTEN: James - b. 1760 c., d. 1848 - four wives.
1. Leonard m. Margaret Miller - IA
2. Joseph - O
3. William - MD (Married there)
4. James - b. 1805, d. 1852 m. Abigail Vandervort
5. Wilson - m. Marie Rodeheaver
7. Nancy m. McCamic - Taylor (went to Taylor)
8. Mary - m. Henry Miller - Taylor (went to Taylor)
Again, it is possible this book could have errors, but hopefully this will be of some help to you. Good luck with your search!
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|