Big changes have come to — all content is now read-only, and member subscriptions and the Shop have been discontinued.
Learn more

Chat | Daily Search | My GenForum | Community Standards | Terms of Service
Jump to Forum
Home: Regional: U.S. States: West Virginia: Preston County

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message

Re: henry hey or high
Posted by: Ron Halbritter (ID *****9348) Date: October 02, 2009 at 16:13:27
In Reply to: Re: henry hey or high by charles high of 1448

You need to go to the National park Service at:

Fill out what you know, and they will ask you if you want his Regiment records, and or his pension records.
The military records will include all his pay stubs but not much of genealogical value. The pension records have it all. They'll charge about ten dollars for the files, and even if it means skipping lunch for a few days, it's worth it.

Notify Administrator about this message?
No followups yet

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message
Search this forum:

Search all of GenForum:

Proximity matching
Add this forum to My GenForum Link to GenForum
Add Forum
Home |  Help |  About Us |  Site Index |  Jobs |  PRIVACY |  Affiliate
© 2007 The Generations Network