I am looking for more info on these families:
Richard Woolaver's wife Sarah (Nee McNitt -she was a widow, maiden Lindsey). Sarah Lindsey McNitt Woolaver had four children by her previous marriage to James McNitt by the names of
(1) Lucretta McNitt (b. 15 Sep 1817 b. Ellisburg NY -- d. 12 Dec 1904 Morristown, Rice Co Minnesota) married John Denny/Deney/Denney/Dany.
(2) Sylvestor McNitt (b. 27 Aug 1822 b. Ellisburg NY -- d. 24 Nov 1904 Minnesota. Married Susan Smith.
(3) Daniel McNitt (b. 1824 in Ellisburg, Jefferson co NY -- d. ? ., but is found living in Steele Co Minnesota in 1870. Married Charlotte.
(4) James R McNitt (b. 23 Feb 1827 in Ellisburg NY -- d. 15 Oct 1868. Married Dia Donna Jackson.
Then the following children of Sarah Lindsey McNitt & Richard Woolaver: (this is the only information I have on these children)
(3) i son Woolaver (b. NY)
(4) David Woolaver (b. NY)
(5) Nancy Woolaver (b. 1831 NY) married HENRY SMITH
(6) Amina Woolaver (b.1835 NY) marr(1) JACOB KAMPF (2) JAMES MANAHAN
(7) Giles Woolaver (b. 1837) married ELIZA GOODSON
(8) Sarah Woolaver(b. 1840)married (1) JOHN H. SMITH (2) WILLIAM ROSENTHAL
(9) Celesta Woolaver (b. 1843)
Plus the information I have on Richard Woolaver is that he also lived in Dundee, Kane Co Illinois before coming to Minnesota. I show a birth date around 1798/1799 New York and that he died in 1885 age 87.
I just recently found out that the Woolaver's were in the cloth business (??). After emailing my cousin she informed me she has some heirlooms that were passed down to her of the woolens (but she was informed that our grtgrtgrt- grandmother Sarah Lindsey had woven the items). What my cousin and I are searching for is the exact time James McNitt (sarah's 1st husband) died and when and where she remarried and exactly what children were James's and Richard's. We're finding some strange entries on the census's. We are also curious about any connections with our Denny Lines. Our Deney/Denny/Denney/Dany (spelt all four or more ways in census's).
Is anyone related to this line ?
Many thanks... Janice
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|