I am not a descendant of the William Wood/Sarah Hall family but I have researched them as well as the other Wood families of Louisa County, Va. and the Lipscomb family (Sarah Hall's mother was a Lipscomb). I have the children of William Wood (Jr.) and Sarah Hall as follows (much of this I got from the family file from the Louisa County Genealogical Society at Louisa, Va.)
1. John H. Wood b. 28 Oct 1785.
2. Anne L. Wood m. (1) Reuben Vest 28 Aug. 1818. Anne L. Vest m. (2) Edward Harris 18 Oct 1824 and (3) John Perkins.
3. Sarah H. Wood m. James Bibb 10 Apr. 1826. To Franklin Co., Mo.
4. James Wood. Not sure but believe this is Major James Wood listed in Biographical Sketches From History of Kentucky, Kerr, Ed. Vol. III p. 436. B. 30 Oct 1794. To Caldwell Co. Ky.
5. Thomas Wood b. May 14, 1790. d. Franklin Co. MO Aug. 21, 1851. Marr. Louisa Jefferson Gooch of Goochland Co. Thomas Wood was a soldier in the War of 1812 and had 9 children.
6. William J. Wood went to Vernon Co. Missouri (there at 1860 census, then to Texas.
7. Charles Worthy Wood to Saline County, MO, near Arrow Rock. Marr. Sarah H. Vest.
8. Rev. David H. Wood m. Juliana Riddick of Suffolk, Va.
9. Susan B. Wood m. George Vest 13 Oct 1813.
10. Drury Wood m. Emily T. Gooch 13 July 1835, dau. of Thomas Gooch.
11. Elizabeth Wood b. 23 Feb 1788.
Please correct me as needed. Also, what can you tell me about William Wood, Sr. (father of William, Jr. above) Christopher Wood who married Sarah Michie, and David Wood who married Mary Watson? Thanks in advance. Joyce
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|