I thought I would throw what I currently have on Johannes and children out here since no one seems to be addressing your question directly. I know some of this is wrong as it comes mostly from "Wisners in America" which while it is the Wisner last word, is not always right and some of this is from even less reliable sources or my own mistaken conclusions. I spent several hours yesterday entering the Samuel and Julianer (Tedd) Wisner revolutionary war info in for Thomas' (see below) son only to conclude it was probably the wrong place for that data.
Descendants of Johannes Wisner
Generation No. 1
1. JOHANNES1 WISNER1,2 was born 1676 in Switzerland3, and died Bef. 19 May 1744 in RI3,4,5. He married ELIZABETH DUMBOUGH6 16977. She was born in Switzerland8.
Notes for JOHANNES WISNER:
From Hunter Lists #817;
A matching family was found at 6305 Beurn (11 km. n.e. of Giessen; Chbks. begin 1671) An Elisabetha, w/o Johannes Wiesner, sp. there in 1688. Johann Jeremias, s/o Johannes Wisner, was bpt. 17 Feb 1692 there; Johann Henrich, s/o Johannes Wisner from Rohnhausen (?), was bpt. Dom. Invocavit: 1703 and d. in 1704 according to the Beurn records.
The chbk. at Beurn is almost destroyed, so an exact match with the N.Y. group is almost impossible (HJ).
Johan Wiesener, his wife, and 6 ch., were on Capt. Johan Enrit's ship in Holland in the 5th party of Palatines in 1709 (Rotterdam Lists).
Note that all of the variations of spelling listed here as of Feb 2003 appear in this document, Les C.
Further note on variations of spelling; Wisners in America and Wisner Homestead of which Betty lent me to copy and I have digital images of selected pages list many additional variations;
Weesnor, Wesnor, Wesnore,
Children of JOHANNES WISNER and ELIZABETH DUMBOUGH are:
i. CATHERINE2 WISNER8, m. THOMAS BLAIN8; d. Bef. 1744, Warwick, Orange Co., New York9.
ii. MARY WISNER10, m. JOSEPH BARTON10.
2. iii. HENDRICK WISNER, b. 1698, Switzerland; d. 1767, Orange Co. New York.
iv. ANNA WISNER10, b. Bef. 11 August 171311; m. PHILLIP KING12,13.
More About ANNA WISNER:
Baptism: 11 August 171314
3. v. ADAM WISNER, b. 1714, En route to Colonies.
Generation No. 2
2. HENDRICK2 WISNER (JOHANNES1)15 was born 1698 in Switzerland16, and died 1767 in Orange Co. New York16,17. He married MARY SHAW18,19 171920. She was born in Switzerland21.
Notes for HENDRICK WISNER:
Hunter Lists also give Henrich for given name.
James Hall dsdts pr Hill gives 1790 as date of death.
More About HENDRICK WISNER:
Naturalization: 28 February 1715/1622
Notes for MARY SHAW:
Orng Co GeorgeT 751 calls "Miss Shaw" a "New England Girl".
Children of HENDRICK WISNER and MARY SHAW are:
4. i. MARY3 WISNER.
5. ii. HENRY WISNER, b. 1720, Warwick, Goshen, Orange Co., NY; d. 04 March 1790, Goshen, NY..
6. iii. CAPT. JOHN WISNER, SR., b. 1722, Mt. Eve, Warwick, N.Y.; d. 1778, Orange Co., NY..
3. ADAM2 WISNER (JOHANNES1)23 was born 1714 in En route to Colonies23. He married LEAH STAGG24 08 July 172825, daughter of WILLIAM STAGG. She was born in Rempug25.
Notes for ADAM WISNER:
Jehiel Wisner in 1824 states "his grandfather, Adam Wisner, had sons John, William, Thomas and Albert and a daughter Betty; that Thomas, his father had the following children: David, Samuel, jehiel, Stephen, Moses, Nathan, Nehemiah, Daniel, Hannah and Sarah." Wisners in America
More About ADAM WISNER:
Naturalization: 03 April 1716, New York City25
Notes for LEAH STAGG:
Hunter Lists p. 1201 lists Lea Stagh of Rempug (Acquackanonk Ref. Chbk.).
Children of ADAM WISNER and LEAH STAGG are:
i. ISSUE3 WISNER25.
More About ISSUE WISNER:
Baptism: Pompton Plains Ref. Churches25
7. ii. THOMAS WISNER.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|