Can anyone tell me how this info is related to the previous message??? Are they the same family (Richard Winship/Terrll) or different line?
Wish to know who the father of Ezra Winship (father of Oscar Winship(1817-1855)) was
DAR Volume 87, Page 273
Mrs. Kate Winship Morrison, DAR ID Number: 86854
Born in Conneaut, Ohio; Wife of Charles W. Morrison.
Descendant of Josiah White, Elijah Carter, Isaac Winship, Richard Winship, & Sergt. Peter Carpenter, as follows:
1. Theron S. Winship* [1839-92] m. Sarah Kilborn [1840-82].
2. Ezra Winship [1794-1864] m. Sally Carter [b. 1802]; John Henry Kilborn m., 1822, Rachel Dryfoot [b. 1804].
3. Richard Winship m. Hannah Terrell; Elijah Carter m., 1792, Sarah Ballard [d. 1834]; Michael Dryfoot [1772-1870] m., 1795, Patience Carpenter [1778-1869].
4. Isaac Winship m. Hannah -; Elias Carter [1737-1821] m., 1760, Deborah White [b. 1739]; Peter Carpenter m., 1771, Patience Bullock [1746-88].
5. Josiah White m., 1739, Deborah House.
Josiah White [1714-1806] served in the Vermont militia during the Revolution. He was born in Leominster, Mass.; died in Rockingham, Vt.
Elijah Carter [1762-1834] enlisted, 1777, as private and served until 1780. He was born in Leominster; died in Gerry, N. Y.
Isaac Winship [1724-83] served, 1776, from Medford, in Capt. John Walton's company, Massachusetts militia. He was born in Lexington, Mass.
Richard Winship [1762-1839] served as private in Captain Pillsbury's company, Col. Kelly Smith's Massachusetts regiment. He was born in Lexington, Mass.; died in Italy, N. Y.
Peter Carpenter [1747-1806] served as private and sergeant in Capt. Isaac Hodges company, Colonel Francis' regiment. He was born and died in Rehoboth, Mass.
*Theron S. & Sarah E. Winship were enumerated in Pierpont on 1870 Census.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|