I am interesting in hearing from others who are descended from John Williamson. He was born in Virginia around 1760. His will was recorded in Davidson County, Tennessee on 04 Nov 1833. His wife (name unknown) was apparently deceased between 1820 and 1830 censuses in Davidson Co, TN. John probably served in the Revolutionary War, although I've not found any record of service. His children are:
1. John Charles Williamson, born about 1785 in Virginia.
2. Elizabeth A. C. Williamson, born about 1787 in Virginia. Married Joshua Ingram Gee (1767-1850) in Davidson Co, TN on 02 Jan 1832. Elizabeth and Joshua might have had one daughter, born between 1830 and 1840. Joshua was married previously to Patsey Crymes. They had at least 5 children, Elizabeth, John P, Rebecca, Norville P, and Smith Harvey Gee.
3. Mary C Williamson, born 13 Dec 1790 in Halifax, Virginia. Mary died 29 Sep 1879 in Stoddard Co, MO. She married Reverend William Hardaway White on 26 Dec 1813 in White County, Tennessee. Children include: Jeremiah W, Elizabeth Ann (Eliza), Elgin Charles, John William, Joel H, William L, Mary Manson, George S, and Archibald T White. Mary Williamson and William White were in Davidson Co, TN by 1826 and Obion Co, TN by 1836. They were still in Obion by the 1860 census but moved to Stoddard Co, MO between then and their deaths.
4. Sarah G "Sally" Williamson was born about 1795 in Virginia. She married Benjamin B Bashaw on 09 Sep 1827 in Davidson Co, TN. Benjamin Bashaw, born in VA in 1771, died in 1835 in Sumner County, TN. Their children: William P Bashaw, Ann Tennessee Bashaw, Thomas K Bashaw (1829-1861), James T Bashaw (1831-1918), and Eliza Virginia Bashaw (1833-1853).
5. Benjamin S Williamson
6. Rebecca C Williamson was born about 1801 in Virginia. She married John Radford on 10 Jan 1828 in Davidson Co, TN. They had the following children: Mary A Radford (1829-1869), Eliza Radford (b. 1832), Benjamin Radford (b. 1833), and John Radford (b. 1835). Name might be spelled "Redford".
7. Harriet N Williamson was born 10 Aug 1810 and died 23 Jan 1892. She married Robert Tate Williamson in Davidson Co, TN on 11 Sep 1831. Their children: Sarah J Williamson b. 1837, Robert F Williamson b. 1840, George M Williamson b 1843, and Joseph Williamson b 1851.
8. Nancy Briggs Williamson was born about 1810 and died around 1840. She married John Dudley Dismukes on 22 Jul 1835 in Davidson Ci, TN. Their children were Benjamin Daniel Dismukes (1837-1921) and Harriet Ann Dismukes (1839-1920).
I am descended from Mary C Williamson. Data listed here about Mary comes from many sources and I can vouch for its fair accuracy. The data for the rest of the children is from 1) the will of John Williamson, 2) census records, marriage records and other people's trees at ancestry.com, so it may or may not be correct.
Questions: What was John Williamson's wife's name (Briggs? Charles?), when & where were they married? Was John in the Rev. War and in what capacity did he serve? Where in Virginia was he born (Halifax? Dinwiddie?)? What did the initials in the childrens' names stand for? Three of his children have "C" as the middle initial and John Jr's middle name is Charles. Sarah's middle initial is "G", Harriet's is "N", and Nancy's middle name is "Briggs". Which of these are family names, if any.
I was happy to find the will and am now hoping to be able to learn more about the Williamson family.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|