Hi Gary, I went to the library and went through the newspaper indexes and here are some articles that I found. If you are interested, let me know and I will get you copies of the articles.
1. Empire House. Beckwith and Co., dissiloution; ad 1858
2. Beckwith, Sanford and Co; Menasha. Firm dissolved, ad. 1850.
3. Beckwith House (Hotel) corner of Algoma and Main.
4. Beckwith, Seely and Co; Oshkosh. Partnership disolved; 1858.
5. Journal, Oct 2, 1873 Former Emoire House becomes the New Beckwith House
6. Beckwith House (Oshkosh) 1876 Description of building.
7. Rebuild. Interior pictures Beckwith House. Report on Historic Fire.
8. History of the Beckwith House.
9. James Rea, Pioneer Hotel Keeper, Businessman, Hotel Operator, Pioneer Settlers of Oshkosh. Obit April 6 1894, Wifes death Aug 23, 1883.
I did find his obit, but seem to be having a problem finding hers, even though it is in the indexes that it is there. I will check again, more thoroughly if needed.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|