Am looking for additional information on William Holmes, born about 1816 to 1826 in Ireland (tombstone says K.C. Ireland) and died in 1884. He married Anna O'Brien (bc 1818 to 1828 in Ireland, d. 1887)probably in New York (Madison county most likely as all their children were born in Sullivan township, Madison County, New York). This family lived in the Delavan and Darien areas for many years. William and Anna are buried in St. Andrew's Catholic cemetery in Delavan along with some of their relatives.
William Holmes and Anna O'Brien Holmes had four children:
1. John (born ca 1847 in NY, possibly died 1884)
2. Jane (Jenny on the tombstone and other documents) (born ca 1849 in New York) She married Lewis K Miller who lived in the Troy, East Troy area. Their children were Chauncy or Chauncey, Mary or Mate, Charles, Andrew, Jenny, Nellie, Anna, and Florence.
3. Anna(born ca 1851 in NY). She married Timothy Shanhan and had four sons before she died in 1878. The sons were William, Thomas, Tim, and John.
4. Thomas (born ca 1853 in NY). Married Annie Delaney. Had at least one child, however, Frank (b. 1886, d. 1917) is the only name I have for children.
5. Mary (born ca 1857, died 1924). Married Charles Daly or Daley. Moved to Woodstock, Illinois. May have lived in Janesville in 1884.
6. William (born ca 1850), married Margaret Moore. Children were: Mary, Martin, Ellen Bridget, and an unknown child.
Notes: William Holmes (the one born in Ireland about 1816) is believed to be related to Mary Holmes Coulter. Mary Holmes was born about 1830 in Ireland. She married James W. Coulter who died in the Civil War in 1863. Their children were Benjamin, Mary, Thomas, and Jenny.
We also believe William Holmes had relatives on the other side of Walworth County. Possibly John Holmes (married Julia Brophy) of the East Troy area among others.
Related surnames of descendents include Dowling, Moore, Finley, Miller.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|