Judy check this out, you may already have this inf.
Chapter 30 - Town of Richwood.
The first physician to locate at Excelsior was Dr. O Ross. He was born in Lawrence Co., Penn.,
March 17, 1834. His father was a farmer and civil engineer. In 1837 the family moved into the
State of Ohio, when, at the age of fifteen, the subject of this sketch commenced the study of
medicine. During the winter of 1851-2 he attended school at Hiram, with James A Garfield as
school-mate. In 1856 he graduated at the Ohio State Medical School at Cincinnati, and in 1857
commenced practice in Hancock county of said State, but on account of poor health he afterwards
located on a farm, and for two years dealt in live stock. In 1860 he resumed practice in Van Wert
county, from whence, in 1864, he came to Excelsior, where he has since continued to reside, with
the exception of one year, which he spent in the State of Missouri. Dr. Ross has had a large
practice, in which he has treated a large number of cases of small pox, and is able to say that he
never lost a patient by that disease, so much dreaded. The date of his marriage is 1853, in which
year he chose as his companion for life Amanda Agin, and by this union nine children were born,
six of whom are now living --- Ransford, Milissa, Charlie, Levi B, Isaac M and Emery H.
Politically, Dr. Ross is a democrat, and has frequently stumped his district for other persons, but
has never sought office himself. He is an active temperance worker, being a member of the IOGT.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|