Hello Racine Researchers,
I am looking for the following JONES families.
Two JONES families intersect in the 1860's. It is unknown if they were ever related.
Hugh JONES and Anna RICHARDS
of Wales ca. 1790's-1800's
They had a daughter Mary JONES.
1. Mary JONES b SEP 1821 in Wales. She m Hugh EDWARDS in Wales and d 4 OCT 1906 in Racine, Racine Co., WI.
It is unknown if there were any other children born to this union.
Hugh EDWARDS and Mary JONES
Hugh was b 1819 in Wales and d 8 JUN 1879 in Racine, Racine Co., WI.
Hugh and Mary (JONES) EDWARDS and daughter Ann emigrated to the United States about 1848 when Ann was about 3 years old.
1.Anna EDWARDS b 24 JUN 1845 in Merionethshire, Wales. She m Evan John JONES on 26 DEC 1865 in the Racine/Mt. Pleasant area of Racine Co., WI. She d 9 DEC 1920 in Mt. Pleasant, Racine Co., WI.
2. Henry Owen EDWARDS b 1852 Caledonia, Racine Co., WI. Henry never married.
These were the only two children born to Hugh Edwards and Mary Jones.
Hugh Edward JONES and Catherine LLOYD
Hugh was b in JUL 1798 probably in Wales. Catherine was b 20 SEP 1806 in Haleck, North Wales. They brought their two sons to America and settled in Wisconsin in 1842.
1. John E. JONES b 1833 in Wales
2. Evan John JONES b 18 JUN 1840 in Penmaen-Ucha Dolegely, Wales. He m Ann EDWARDS (listed above). He d 21 MAR 1915 in Mt. Pleasant, Racine Co., WI.
Ann EDWARDS and Evan John JONES
Evan was the s/o Hugh Edward JONES and Catherine LLOYD
In 1842 when Hugh and Catherine emmigrated to America with their nine year old son John and 2 year old son Evan, they built a log home in Mt. Pleasant, Racine County, WI. where they lived for several years.
Evan and Ann made that log cabin their first home. Evan was a dairy farmer. As his property and income increased he built a huge beautiful home that overlooked the farm.
Ann was the d/o Hugh EDWARDS and Mary JONES. Their family group is listed above.
1. John E. JONES b 1867 in Mt. Pleasant, Racine Co., WI. and m Cora HIGGINS, they may have moved to Ohio
2. Catherine "Cassie" JONES b 1867 in Mt. Pleasant, Racine Co., WI. She never married. She was a schoolteacher for many years. She d ???
3. Henry JONES b 1871 in Mt. Pleasant, Racine Co., WI. He never married.
4. Edward JONES b 24 SEP 1872 in Mt. Pleasant, Racine Co., WI. He m Minnie Dorothy Kerner on 9 SEP 1907 in Racine, Racine Co., WI.
Edward JONES and Minnie Dorothy KERNER
Minnie was the daughter of George Clarence KOERNER (AKA KERNER), I believe that the name was changed sometime after the family moved to the United States), of Germany and Agnes MOHR, of Switzerland. Minnie was b 17 AUG 1882 in Racine, Racine Co., WI. Minnie was a schoolteacher for a short time before she married. Edward was a businessman.
1. Marvin Edward JONES b 6 JUL 1908 in Racine, Racine Co., WI. He married Elizabeth Mary Ethel REID on 17 JUN 1935 in New York. He d 8 FEB 1954 in Montrose, Los Angeles Co., CA. They had one daughter and three grand-children.
2. Dorothy Catherine JONES b 18 JUN 1910 in Racine Co., WI. She married Stanley SORENSON in WI. b ca 1905 and d JUL 1998. They had one daughter and one grand-daughter.
3. Alice Lucile JONES b 2 OCT 1912 in Racine, Racine Co., WI. She died on 8 FEB 1931 at the age of 18.
4. Guilbert Kerner JONES b 6 NOV 1916 in Racine, Racine Co., WI. He married Lucille Jeanette MELVIN abt. 1942. He was a dentist. He d 17 JUL 1971 They had five children and several grandchildren.
If you think that your family connects with mine, I sure would love to hear from you and copmpare and share notes and findings.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|