This is the information that I have on the family of William Westbrook, born 1786 in Fauquier County, Virginia that married Dorcas Moffet Jan 1, 1811 in Frederick County, Virginia. In the Fredrick County, Virginia Marriage Bonds book it lists a John Moffett, the father of Dorcas as the bondsman for her wedding. The marriage entry reads 31 Dec., 1810 William Westbrook and Darcus Moffett, daughter of John Moffet, the bondsman.
William died between 1850 -1860 in Monroe County, Washington Township (Caldwell?), Ohio. In 1850, William Westbrook, 64 is living with son, William A., 34 in Monroe County, Washington Twp. Mrs. Westbrook is missing on all census records; therefore, she died prior to 1850.
Their children were as follows:
1. Margaret Westbrook married Francis Glidden. They were married April 2, 1845 in Belmont Co., Ohio.
2. Alfred Westbrook born August 18, 1823, Fauquier County, Virginia. Died Oct. 20, 1887 in Newton Twp., Licking County, Ohio. He married Sarah Wise March 20, 1837 in St. clairsville, Belmont County, Ohio. Alfred married 2nd Matilda Lavina Armstrong, Nov., 29, 1885.
3. William A. Westbrook born 1816 in Virginia. Died March 8, 1894 in Washington Twp., Monroe County, Ohio. He is buried in Graysville Cemetery. William married Mariah (Maria) White March 16, 1840 in Belmont county, Ohio.
4. Wesley Jackson Westbrook was born March 1, 1819 in Shenandoah Valley, Virgina. He died April 1, 1893 in Pleasants Co., West Virginia. He married Barbara E. McMullen February 3, 1842 in Belmont County., Ohio.
5. Lemuel P. Westbrook Born January 13, 1822 in Virginia. Died August 1898 in Bethel Twp., Monroe County, Ohio. He married March 23, 1846, Elizabeth S. Lingo in Belmont County, Ohio. Lemuel and Elizabeth are buried in the Creighton Ridge Cemetery, Monroe County, Ohio.
6. Thomas Westbrook born 1823 in Virginia. Married Rozann Crony 1825.
7. Elizabeth Westbrook born 1829 in Virginia. She married Isaac White born 1817 in Ohio. Isaac died between 1860 - 1870. Elizabeth married a 2nd time to a man with the last name of Stotz and moved with him to Indiana. Isaac and Elizabeth had 8 children and she had at least one daughter by her 2nd husband.
I decend from William Westbrook, Senior and his wife Dorcas Moffet through their daughter Elizabeth and her husband Isaac White.
I am trying to find the parents of William Westbrook, Sr. and also the parents of Dorcas Moffett.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|