Garret and Mary Welton were at Livonia, Livingston County, New York, from 1830 - 1870 censuses.
Mary (and one of her two daughters) remain a mystery... here are the clues:
Garret Welton, b. 1797/98, NY; m. bef 1825, Mary (unk), b. 1801/02, VT [Census]
2 daughters born 1821-25, first one unknown
2. Mary Welton, b. 17 Jan 1824 at Livonia, NY; d. 2 Mar 1895 at Batavia, NY; m. 3 Jul 1855, [Dr.] Damon Palmer, b. 25 Jun 1821 at Richfield Springs, NY, son of Wheeler and Betsy Brown Palmer; he d. 12 Aug 1899 at Batavia, NY
[Palmer family information at Rootsweb World Connect based on the work of the late Dick Dutton; some age discrepancies in census records noted]
5 Palmer children:
1. Frances Mary Palmer, b. 31 May 1856 at Richfield Springs, NY; d.1 Nov 1904 at Buffalo, NY; m. 17 Sep 1879 at Richfield Springs, Albertus J. Chapin, b. 27 Dec 1846 at Livonia, NY, son of Abel Joslyn and Rhoda Hart Chapin; he d. 27 May 1887 at South Livonia, NY
One dau: Alice M. Chapin, b. 27 Oct 1882; of Erie, PA
Alice m. 21 Jun 1905 at Holyoke, MA, Robert W. Shepard, NFI
3 Shepard children, one [living?] daughter, two sons, Arthur J. and Donald D.
Frances m.2. bef 1900, John Pilling, b. Sep 1849, England
2. Dr. Alice Elizabeth Palmer, b. 26 Jun 1859, [Jun 1867, census, but 1 in 1860 and 12 in 1870 census]; d. aft 1930, probably Los Angeles,CA?
Alice m. abt 1899, Dr. George E. Hunt, Dr., b. NY, Jul 1866; d. aft 1930,probably Los Angeles, CA? They were both in general practice at Holyoke MA through 1920, at Los Angeles in 1930; no children
3. Sarah Palmer, b. 17 Aug 1861 [10 in 1870 census]; d. 17 Feb 1895, No Further Information
4. Cora Welton Palmer, b. 23 Oct 1866; [8 in 1870, 16 in 1880 census; 66 in 1930]; Cora m. John H. Pelling, b. England, [prob Sep 1849 and prob widower of her sister, Frances]
5. Garrett Welton Palmer, b. 3 Jun 1867; d. 27 Jan 1893, No Further Information
All assistance greatly appreciated.
Jo Ann Kaufman
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|