I'm going to make one last effort to find the owner of a group of Wellman Family Photos (8 in all). I purchased these photos over a year ago in hopes that I would be able to find their current day family. The photos are all i'd and I have been able to connect them together so I know that they are the family of Samuel Knowlton Wellman who was born in Maine in 1822. If you think you are a family member, please contact me. All I ask is that you reimburse me for the cost of the photos and shipping to you. Below is a list of the photos:
1. Samuel Knowlton Wellman- id'd as such "Father Wellman taken Christmas before father fied Dec. 1890" In a different handwriting at top was written Louise Atwood, Phillps, Me. Louise Atwood is the granddaugter, she is Mittie Viola Wellman Atwoods Daug.
2. Samuel Thomas Wellman (S.K's son with first wife) taken in Cleveland, he looks to be between 35-40.
3. Will Wellman, taken Chester, Pa. presumed to be the son of Samuel Thomas Wellman. Will born 1875, OH. he looks to be about college age so possibly he's in Pa. attending college.
4. Jessie Wellman, taken Nashua, NH., looks to be about 5 years old. She is the daug. of Samuel Knowlton with his second wife.
5. Jessie Wellman, no studio markings, she looks to be about 16. The is the same Jessie Wellman as above just older.
6. Charlie Wellman, taken Nashua, NH., he looks to be about 8 yrs. old. This is Samuel Knowlton Wellmans' son with his second wife. It appears that Jessie and Charlie's photos may have been taken at the same sitting because the photos basically have the same look.
7. Bessie Hatfield and Lena Wellman, taken Cleveland, OH., Bessie looks to be about 7 and Lena appears to be about 3 yrs. older. I could not figure out who Bessie Hatfield was but Lena Wellman may be Addie Lena Wellman the daugh. of Samuel K. with second wife.
8. Nellie Wellman (can not make out last name) I was not able to figure out how she fits into the Wellman family. I can't figure out if Wellman is a family name passed down or if Wellman is her maiden name ane the name I can't figure out is a married name. It's short 4 letters. The photog. location was trimmed off but the actual photographer was A.C. Partridge, 351 Washington St. and I believe this was in Boston, Mass. possibly taken late 1860's (not sure) and she looks to be around 16 or 17.
I am going to hold onto these for a little while longer in hopes of finding their family. I really don't want to split them up and put them back on
ebay because that's where I rescued them from. I bought them all so that I could keep the family together.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|