Seeking information on the Weihe family siblings whom emigrated to America from Posen, Prussia.
They were sons and daughters of Carl August Weihe (~1917-1900)and two of his wifes, Caroline Metzer(d. 1856) and Ann Panfegrau (1833-1873).
1. Carl August Weihe (b1845 - Bromberg, Posen, Prussia) who is believed to have emigrated in 1867 and lived in Sioux City, Iowa.
2. Rudolph T. Weihe (1851-1932) who emigrated in 1868. He married Augusta Leucke (1876) in Columbia City, Indiana. They had 6 children while living in Columbia City. Four survived to adulthood - William, Ida, Emil, and Arther. Rudolph was a barber. The family moved to Chicago sometime before 1900.
3. Ferdinand O. Weihe (1853-1897) emigrated with brother Carl in 1867. Ferdinand also married in 1876 in Columbia City, Indiana to his brother, Rudolph's sister-in-law, Johanna Leucke. They had 7 children. About 1902, Johanna is now a widow and leaves Indiana with all of her surviving children for free homestead land in Cherry County, Nebraska.
4. Emil Weihe (1859 - ?) emigrated in 1878 and lived in Ft Wayne, Indiana, where he makes a living as a druggist. He marries Emile and has at least 2 sons - Walter, and Otto.
5. Marie Weihe (1863 - ?) emigrates in 1882 to parts unknown. Her full name is Alwine Marie Weihe.
6. Robert Weihe (1867-1928) emigrates with his sister Marie in 1882. He becomes a baker and maked his home in Bellingham, Washington. He married Marie Bormann and had 2 children -Frederick and Louisa.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|