MARTHA JANE CLEMENT HELM
June 1854 - January 20, 1935
Obituary - Okmulgee Daily Times, Okmulgee, OK
Tuesday Jan 22, 1935, Pg 4, Col 1
RITES AT SCHULTER FOR MRS. M. J. HELM
Funeral services for Mrs. M. J. Helm, 81, two miles southeast of Okmulgee, were held yesterday in Schulter at 2 p.m. in the Pentecostal Holiness church, the Rev. H. R. Samples of that church of Okmulgee officiating. Mrs. Helm died at her home Sunday at 12:10 a.m. Mrs. Helm is survived by three sons, S. T. Helm of Fort Worth, Roscoe Helm and M. R. Helm; brothers, Dow Clement, Willie Clement, both of Pilot Point, Texas, and Ed Clement of McAlester; sisters, Mrs. Dora Walling, Pilot Point, and Mrs. Sally Cassity, Norman; 21 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren. Burial was in Wilson cemetery at Schulter, a Tulsa funeral home is in charge.
PARENTS: Father - Archibald Fenner Clement b 21 Mar 1814 NC, d 28 Feb 1874 Pilot Point, TX. Mother - Candis B. Herndon b19 Jan 1828 Orange Co, NC, d 9 Nov 1915 Pilot Point, Denton Co TX.
HUSBAND: James Bryant Helm b1847 Paducah, McCracken Co KY, d 3 July 1920 Severe Okmulgee, OK (son of Lina Helm b Alabama, d Elkhart TX, and Sarah Bryant b KY, d Anderson TX).
1. Shelby Dow Helm b 5 Feb 1876 around Gainsville TX, d 27 Nov 1956, Selma Fresno CA m Mary Louetta King b TN.
2. Marion Riley Helm b Dec 1879 TX , d 30 April 1936, m Elizabeth Emily McClendon.
3. Delbert Helm b Dec 1885 TX, d unknown, unmarried.
4. Roscoe Helm b10 Nov 1887 TX, d 26 Nov 1949 Selma Fresno CA, m Laura Bell Fuller.
SIBLINGS OF MARTHA:
1. Emily E. Clement b TN, m David Robinson Huey b TN.
2. Rufus C. Clement b TX, m Aria unknown.
3. Lorenzo H. Clement b TX, m unknown.
4. (Martha Jane Clement b TX m Roscoe Helm)
5. Mary Ann Clement b TX, m unknown.
6. S. A. Dow Clement b TX, m unknown.
7. Edmund Clement b TX, m unknown.
8. Sallie Clement b TX, m Robert Cassity.
9. William Clement b TX, m Lucy Boling.
10. Dora Clement b TX, m Richard Walling.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|