Starting Sept. 30, 2014, will be making a big change. GenForum message boards, Family Tree Maker homepages, and the most popular articles will be preserved in a read-only format, while several other features will no longer be available, including member subscriptions and the Shop.
Learn more

Chat | Daily Search | My GenForum | Community Standards | Terms of Service
Jump to Forum
Home: General Topics: Vietnam War Forum

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message

Posted by: Ol' Uncle Bob (ID *****9554) Date: February 20, 2006 at 23:23:32
In Reply to: I need help on finding records, can't get va help ? by carrie johnson of 1009


Forget about 80% to 95% of all this "good advice" (read: bull****) that's so freely dispensed. Assuming your cousin IS, in fact, a Viet Nam Vet and IS, in fact, disabled as a result of exposure to Agent Orange or otherwise entitled to compensation, have him contact Disabled American Veterans (DAV) or American Legion. Have him inform them he wants to FILE A CLAIM and ASSIGN THEM POWER OF ATTORNEY TO HANDLE IT. YOU DON'T NEED RECORDS. THEY CAN LOCATE AND ACCESS ALL THE INFO THEY NEED TO PURSUE THE CLAIM.

If and when he's awarded compensation, DVA will then take over and do THEIR thing, which is primarily disbursing checks and administering medical care.

Notify Administrator about this message?
No followups yet

Post FollowupReturn to Message ListingsPrint Message
Search this forum:

Search all of GenForum:

Proximity matching
Add this forum to My GenForum Link to GenForum
Add Forum
Home |  Help |  About Us |  Site Index |  Jobs |  PRIVACY |  Affiliate
© 2007 The Generations Network