I have been researching this name for 25 years. I have found it spelled variously as:
There are several other variations, but they are rare. Unfortuately, it is necessary to check all the above names when
searching through indices or you might miss your ancestors.
Here is a short list of common factors found in the different spellings.
1. The first letter is a "V" or a "W" 99% of the time.
2. The second letter may be any vowel: a,e,i,o, or u.
3. The third letter is "R" 95+% of the time.
4. The fourth letter is a "B" or a "V" 90% of the time.
5. If the fourth letter is an "F" suspect the Warfel family of Pennsylvania.
6. The fifth letter may be any vowel a,e,i,o, or u. Sometimes it is "L".
7. The sixth letter is usually "L" or "E".
Hope this helps
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|