Hi Jean. A cousin of mine (and yours) Royal Cooper used to visit Harry and his wife Nellie (
Warner) back in the 40's and 50's. His mother was Matilda Mallory...
ďIn the 40ís and 50ís I would take my ggreatgrandmother Matilda Mallory (Matilda Jane Ball) ( Mallory, Matilda J w/o W H (Warren Hershell) 01-Dec-1862 + 20-Oct-1958)
to visit her (Nellie Warner.) I never realized the connection. Husband of Nellie was Supt of Schools. Bro in law AW an attorney. Their father Hon Thomas (Vanswearingen) came there later. Had been a judge, moved to Ohio from there. Nell and the VanSwearingens buried N. in same row as DWC (Mallory.)Ē Royal Cooper email Tuesday Oct 1, 2002
(Lt Wesley L Ball of TN, father of Matilda, died in Civil War Sep 1862. Her husband, Warren Hershel Mallory's father, James C Mallory, had also died in the Civil War.)
Here's all I have on Nellie and Harry's children....can you add more?
(10) Sarah E VanSwearingen d 30 Sep 1882 bur Walnut Grove Cem d/o H & N VanSwearingen
(10) Matey E VanSwearingen Nov 1889 Mo
NOTE: Maude E Vanswearingen died Aug 1948 Vernon co MO
(10) Harry VanSwearingen May 1887 Mo
(10) Kate L VanSwearingen Dec 1893 Mo
(10) Helen VanSwearingen 7 Nov 1890 res 514 Maple St Nevada Mo 1920 census d 26 Sep 1973 Los Angeles Co CA = Torbert (Nellie was living with daughter Helen Torbert 1920)
(11) Damion Russell Torbert 1914
(11) Quenton Van Torbert 4 Oct 1919 d 11 Apr 2005 La Habra Orange co CA
1851 + 1920
VanSwearingen, Nellie w/o Harry
1867 + 1961
VanSwearingen, Sarah E d/o H & N
03-May-1868 + 30-Sep-1882
These are Nellie Warner's parents. (mary Janette Mallory's brother, Daniel Hubbard mallory, married Minerva Warner and had a son William Wallace Warner Mallory.
If you look up Harry's death cert in b 20 dec 1853 d 15 Sep 1920 of a skull fracture suffered when hit by a passenger train. His mother is clearly listed as Elmira Warner.
(8) Mary Janette Mallory 10 Oct 1844 Rock Run Twp, Stephenson Co. Ill d 25 Apr 1878 Montevallo Vernon Co MO = 5 Jan 1864 William Wallace Warner 12 Nov 1844 Utica, Hamilton Co NY Lived in NY until 1852, moved with parents to Bush Hill Co IL, 10 miles from Chicago. At age 10 c 1854 moved to Freeport IL. He was seriously wounded at the battle of Shiloh. 1871 moved to 1871, and then to Montevallo Vernon Co MO. d 29 Feb 1932 Seldon KS age 87 y 3 m 17 d (Benjamin Warner 16/18 Nov 1790 Providence RI d 10 Dec 1864 = Orpha Brace 26 Oct 1807 Sommers Ct d 22 Mar 1882 Ridott IL) (Benjamin Warner = ____Stebbins) (David Brace of England = 9 May 1805 Wilbraham MA Jemima Stebbins 30 Aug 1788 Springfield MA d 4 Jul 1859 bur Gund Cem near Ridott IL) (Note: David Brace and Jemima Stebbins had 12 children) (Joel Stebbins 11 Mar 1752 Springfield MA d 20 Jun 1800 Wilbraham MA = 20 Dec 17777 Wilbraham MA Sarah (___) Beebe d 22 Jan 1809; widow of Samuel Beebe) (1870 Census Stephenson Co IL, Freeport Twp Wm W Warner 25 NY Farmer, Mary J 25 IL, WW IL, John M 4, Daniel M 3 IL, NB 2 (f) IL) (William Wallace Warner married (2) 18 Sep 1879 Sarah I Herndon 1846 MO parents KY of Warrensburg, Mo; they had 8 children) (1880 Census Montevallo WW Warner living with second wife Sarah) (William Taylor Herndon = Amandaville)
TEN CHILDREN TOTAL:
(9) Sarah J Warner 1869 IL d 3 Aug 1870 age 1 year 11 days bur Silver Springs Cem, Lancaster Twp, Stephenson Co Ill
(9) Wallace R Warner c 1865 IL (NOTE: Wallace R Warner 1873 MO 1920 census Sharon Springs Wallace KS)
(9) John N Warner c 1866/70 IL
(9) Daniel M Warner 11 Jan 1866 IL d 27 Oct 1957 Madera CA = Larena F___Jun 1876 IA (Note: Laurena Warner 28 Jun 1888 d Aug 1980 Coffeyville Montgomery KS)
(10) Wilmer Walter Warner 2 May 1895 Seldon KS WWI draft reg Bannock ID
(10) Lylis F Warner 1904
(10) Linne M Warner (f) 1905
(10) Dudley M Warner 1907
(10) Donald S Warner no date on 1910 census
(Daniel E Warner 8 Sep 1901 IL d 27 Jun 1971 Orange Ca) (Wallace Mallory living with Daniel M Warner 1900 Seldon KS)
ďThe only one I have is for Wilmer which is in KS, I would think they were all born there. My aunt mentioned several times that the kids came to visit when she lived in Seldon. The family history she wrote down from the time my grandmother married has been helpful, yet frustrating as well. She would write ďAunt Lou, Warden, Elma, Lela, Ila visited.Ē Thatís all fine and well but who are they? She knew who they are so she didnít write who they were related to and how. Itís taken several years to track down that these were Daniel Mís kids. I donít know if I told you but Lla died when she was seven, she burned to death. This was Dec 15, 1917.Ē Email Mike Kiser to Mallory Smith 10 Oct 2002 add: "Aunt Lou is Artís wife not Danielísí
(9) Nellie B Warner Mar 1868 IL res in Nevada, Vernon Co MO d 1961 bur Walnut Grove Cem Cedar Co MO = Harry Wingate VanSwearingen 20 Dec 1853 MO school teacher d 15 Sep 1920 fractured skull after being struck by a passenger train bur Walnut Grove Cem (Thomas VanSwearingen = Elmira Warner ) (Harry VanSwearingen = Sally Lipscomb) (NOTE: Alfred Warren VanSwearingen b Jan 18 1857 Lexington KY lawyer d 20 Aug 1885 ae 48 y 8 m 2 d Montevallo Vernon Co MO bur Walnut Grove Cem, Cedar Co MO) Nellie B VanSwaringer granddaugher is listed in 1896 estate of DWC Mallory. (Dewitt Clinton Mallory b 20 Jan 1805 d 1896)
Is your ggrandfather, Harry b 1887 the son of Harry and Nellie?
I note William Wallace Warner Mallory's wife, Jennie Hathaway, was the daughter of Annie Lipscomb and Phillip Hathaway. Phillip Hathaway was the son of Sarah Brown, sister of Eleanor Brown who married DWC Mallorry.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|