In looking up the Van Deusen family, I find descendant (3) Teuwis (Matthew), son of Abraham Van Deusen, or Deursen and _________. (spouse of Abraham Van Deusen not known). Teuwis married Helena ________. Children were:
1. Lysbet married Johannes Benson, Feb 2, 1680
2. ROBERT , married CORNELIA MARTENSE VAN BUREN abt 1689.
3. Tryntje, msrried Samuel Benson abt 1683
4. JAN, married MARITJE MARTENSE VAN BUREN March 14,1695.
5. Issac marriet Bata Van Ysselsteyn October 9, 1706.
6. Helena married Harpert Van Deusen, Nov 7, 1707
As you can see both Robert and Jan married Van Buren's. Either of both of their descendants may be related to the President Van Buren. Robert's wife was the dau of Marten Cornelis Van Buren and Maritie ___________. Jan's wife was also the dau of Marten Cornelis Van Buren. So, the two girls were Van Buren sisters who married Van Deusen brothers.
Abraham Van Deusen came to Beverwyck (Albany) from New Amsterdam early. He may have come originally from Duersen in North Brabant, Netherlands. Teuwis Van Deusen was his 3rd son.
This is from S.V. Talcott's excellent book "Genelogical Notes of NY and New England Families" For further information on the Van Deusen's see "Pearson's First Settlers of Albany".
Hope this helps--they do not mention the President-- Pearson may however?
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|