21 May 1666, 211 acres to Francis Sowerby of Surry Co.
Upon heads of the two branches north on Greyes Creek then to land of Thomas Woodhouse, then to land of Jno. Watkins and land of James Mason. Granted unto Mr. Jno. Jennings 11 April 1649, assigned to William rose, who assigned to Mathew Batle and Richard Tyas. It was then sold to James Sowerby.
It is thought Francis Sowerby also had a previous patent to the above mentioned.
From book: Guide to the Buildings of Surry and The American Revolution by James D. Kornwolf, copyright 1976.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|