I copied this info out of a book in Surry , Va. Library. Says
Henry Davis married Mary marriott, dau. of William Marriott who was the son of mathias Marriott and his wife Alice, dau of Thomas Warren .
Henry Davis father was james Davis, Sr.
james Davis Sr. made his will Sept. 4, 1746, witnessed by Thomas Warren, and John Slate, recorded jan. 21, 1746. (W B- 3-546)
Children of James Davis (d. 1746 were:
1. Thomas Davis (d. 1748) of Isle of Wight co. Va.
2. Jane Davis , who married a Warren
3. John Davis ( of Brunswick Co. Va. ?)
4. james Davis (d. 1783) of Surry County Va. : Mar. Elizabeth Baldwin, dau. of William Baldwin
5. henry Davis (d. 1767) , of Surry co. Va. ; Mar. Mary marriott, dau. of Wm. Marriott and Sarah (Collier) marriott.
6. Robert Davis (d. 1749) of Pasquotank co. , N. C. : Married Sarah Chapman?
7. Nathaniel Davis (. 17-) of Hyde Co. , N. C. (?)
8. Anne Davis, m. ca 1740 (?) , James Nicholson(d 1793 )and had James Nicholson, who m. elizabeth Woodruff.
Henry Davis made his will Feb. 18, 1767: same was probated mar. 17, 1767. In it he referred "all that is due me from the estate of William marriott". He gave legacies to his children , William , Ann, Hannah, Benjamin, Isham, randolph, Elizabeth , henry, Kezia, Marriott, silvia, and James Davis, who were listed in that order. His brother james and his son Benjamin were Executors. ( B. K. 1754-68, page 448.
Benjamin Davis of Brunswick County, Virginia, Planter , son of Henry and Mary Marriott Davis, married Tabitha, Dau. of John Rose of Brunswick County, Planter. Tabitha Rose Davis died before 1810 and her husband in April of 1817.
Hope this info helps some Davis family: Jean
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|