States: Virginia: Stafford
Overwharton Parish was 80 miles long and 24 miles wide. It included the counties of Prince William, Loudoun, Fairfax, Alexandria, and part of Fauquier County. In 1724 it had 650 families, 100 communicants, and one church, now gone. The original church was 9 miles from the still existing Aquia Church. Aquia was built in 1751, burned in 1754, and rebuilt in 1757, the year its records begin. Aquia church is on a "high eminence not very far from the main road from Alexandria to Fredericksburg". This information is from Boogher's book about Stafford County. The book has pictures of the church.
Notify Administrator about this message?