I'm researching the family of Robert Morgan and Mary Hickam in the early 1800s. Robert and Mary lived near Fulkerson (formerly Estillville) and raised 7 daughters and 2 sons in the area. The earliest record I have of the family is the census record from 1850, but other info has been collected from marriage records.
Robert Morgan b. Abt 1798 d. Aft 1880 married #1 Mary (Hickam?) b. Abt 1800 d. 1870-1874
married #2 Sarah Godsey Sep 29 1874
1. Female Morgan b. Abt 1820 (message boards say Nancy, but no other confirmed info)
2. Eliza Morgan b. Abt 1823 d. 1906 married William Bays Oct 10 1844. Message boards say these are early ancestors of June Carter Cash.
3. William Morgan b. Abt 1824 d. Aft 1880 married #1 Lettie (?) #2 Nancy Dye (?) (to be confirmed - one child = William H b. Jul 2 1874 d. Feb 15 1923)
4. Mary Ann Morgan b. 1826 married Anthony Head Apr 8 1845
5. Reuben H Morgan b. 1827 married #1 Henrietta Frasier #2 Eleanor Cattron Jan 10 1875. Reuben moved to KS in mid-1880s with wife #2 and family.
6. Phebe Morgan b. 1829 married ??? (maybe John Kendrick to be confirmed)
7. Harriet Rebecca Morgan b. 1834 married Isaac Ketron Oct 1852 (to be confirmed).
8. Margaret Morgan b. Feb 1836 never married, with child out of marriage William H b. 1849, he later moved to KS around 1870.
9. Martha W Morgan b. 1840 (no info, to be confirmed)
If anyone has any info in this family could you contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can share info, or simply reply to this message posting. My line is descended from William Morgan who I believe to be the oldest son of Robert, but I have no official record of this relaitonship, and no info on Robert's parents. An older daughter, Mary Ann, married Anthony Head and Elizabeth, married William Bays and is an ancestor of June Carter Cash.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|