Thomas BARTLETT c1705-1783 lived his life raising a family in Lunenburg Parish, Richmond Co, VA. Children:
1. John b c1725 m Anne SETTLE (dau of Henry), moved to Culpeper Co, VA c1750-1791, then Fluvanna 1791-1807. His name was written BARTLEY, and his descendants carry it.
2. James b 1726; possibly moved to Fauquier Co, VA
3. Thomas c1730-1806 m Anne ???, was in Fauquier Co, VA 1768-1785 (maybe earlier); then Harrison Co, VA 1785-1806; 15 children; ~10,000 descendants identified.
4. Joseph - location unknown
5. Elisha Will 1803 Richmond Co, VA; he 2m1798 and his widow Elizabeth took her step children to Westmoreland Co, VA where 4 of them married - all BARTLETTs still in Richmond/Westmoreland Co area descend from Elisha
6. Anne m Charles JONES
7. Mary m Thomas SCOTT
8. Bathsheba m Charles FONES
9. Sarah m Joseph SCATES
Descendants of Thomas and John above have matching DNA, which "proves" they descend from a common ancestor. We would love to test a male BARTLETT from Richmond or Westmoreland Co, VA - no charge, we'll pick up the tab. This test would finally link all 3 brothers (or not).
I would be happy to correspond and share with any researchers of any of these lines.
BARTLETT-DNA Project Admin
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|