Wanted: a male with the Fry surname who is a descendant of George Fry I, born c. 1725, of New River and Sinking Creek area of Virginia, who has had his Y-DNA tested or who is willing to be tested.
According to my "paper trail" I am a descendant of
1) George Fry I, b. abt 1725, d. 1793, Montgomery Co., VA; m. Margaret [possible surname Scott].
2) George Peter Fry II, b. abt 1750, VA, d. 1818, Giles Co., VA; m. Keziah [surname Adkins or Mowry] d. 1824 Cabell Co., VA [now WV].
3) Henry Fry, b. abt 1780 VA, d. bef Mar 1845, Pike Co., KY; m Catherine McCoy b. abt 1781 VA, d. 2 July 1856, Pike Co., KY.
4) Andrew Jackson Fry, b. 26 May 1826, VA, d. 19 Aug 1878, Titus Co., TX; m. Francis Elvira Ratliff, b. 13 Nov 1834 Pike Co., KY, d. 4 Aug 1921 Hamlin, Jones Co., TX.
5) William Harmon "Will" Fry, b. 18 Jan 1857, Pike Co., KY, d. 21 Jan 1917, Titus Co., TX, m. Georgia Tilitha Dyer, b. 3 Sept 1866 Hagansport, Titus Co., TX, d. 11 Nov 1926, Talco, Titus Co., TX.
6) Hubbard Carvel Fry b. 21 Dec 1893, Titus Co., TX, d. 17 Mar 1933, Red River Co., TX, m. Ona Pittman, b. 2 June 1894 Titus Co., TX, d. 22 Jan 1949 Baton Rouge, East Baton Rouge Parish, LA.
7) Argyl William Fry b. 12 Apr 1917, Titus Co., TX, d. 27 Mar 1975, Seminole Co., OK.
I want to confirm this paper trail with Y-DNA results. I recently had my Y-DNA tested with FamilyTreeDNA https://www.familytreedna.com. It seems no other Frys from George I's line have been tested.
DNA test results for Freys/Frys/Fryes can be seen at: http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/frey/results
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|