Don - Thank you for answering my inquiry. I had the information about the two marriages. In fact, I had wondered if the William Hendrick m. Susannah Crews was my Thomas Hendrick's father. So far, I've not been able to find any ch. for William and Susanna.
Thomas Hendrick was born according to census records bet. 1770-1780. According to census all of his children were born in Virginia. He had two wives, the first unknown, except I think Sally Wall m. in 1803 in Meck. Co. VA was the first. The second wife was Isabella ?.
Ch. by his first wife were:
1. Stephen (oldest child) m. (suggested) Jane, who may have been his second wife.
2. Charles m. (suggested) Rebeccah Wall - if correct, they were in Caswell Co., NCAR., until 1870, then in Trigg Co., KY., census in 1870, but not in 1880.
3. Parthena m. Robert Boyd in Meck. Co., VA, moved to Trigg Co., KY., between 1833-1840.
4. Elizabeth m. William Chandler in Meck Co., VA, moved to Trigg Co., KY, by 1838, then in Graves Co., KY., by 1850.
5. Evin or Evan m. Sarah Wilford in Trigg Co., KY., moved to Graves Co., KY, by 1850.
6. Thomas m. Nancy Cameron in Trigg Co., KY.
Children by Isabella:
7. John m. Sarah Thomas in Trigg Co., KY.
8. George or George W. m. Jane Boyd in Trigg Co., KY.
9. Sally or Sarah m. Prior Whitney in Trigg Co., KY.
10. David m. Celia or Delia Crisp.
11. William m. (1) Mary Vaught (2) Frances Lutrell in Trigg Co., KY.
Thomas Hendrick, Sr., had a will dated August 4, 1841, recorded April 13, 1846, in Trigg County Kentucky Will Book C, page 179. This will gives all the names of his children and the first name of his second wife, Isabella.
I had trouble with the 1820 census but am sure Thomas and his oldest son Stephen were listed in the 1830 Fed. census for Meck. Co., VA. In Trigg Co. Court Order Books, I found mention of the various Hendrick familes from about 1833. They were listed in the 1840 census for Trigg Co., KY.
The 1782 census listing William Hendrick has been given. The census taker was in charge of the area south of the Dan and Roanoke Rivers in the western half of Mecklenburg Co., VA.
In the 1800 Mecklenburg Co, VA personal property tax lists were:
Judith Hendrick - 0 (named guardian of Hendrick ch. in 1799)
Stephen Hendrick - 0 - constable
Hanie Hendrick - 1
James Hendrick - 1
Thomas Hendrick - 1
William Hendrick - 2 Also son John
William Hendrick - 2 Also John Murray.
In an 1815 List of Landowners in Virginia in Mecklenburg Co, Thomas Hendrick was listed as a landowner located on Aaron's Creek, which was the boundary line between Halifax and Mecklenburg Co's VA, 20 miles southwest of the courthouse.
It seems we are so close but nothing solid.
Thank you again, Judy
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|