I know my Taylor family came via Bedford County, Ohio but I can't unscramble this family. I have the Taylor's just on my direct line back to a Thomas Taylor Sr. and Caleb Pierpoint Taylor, but that is where the Taylor line stops for me. My BRICKWALL! I connect back through this family's wives to many famous people but not through the Taylors. I need your HELP! Please don't try to give me more siblings unless they can be proven. LDS has many many more. These names came from the "Quaker Records" from family members, and from wills. Please, if you find errors let me know so I can correct them. I've tried to be very careful as this family is really in a "mess" genealogy wise. I also think the male line is extinct on my Henry Taylor. I also think we lost track of who to connect to after "The Famous Charles Taylor" was not proved who he is that supposedly was the second generation here in the USA. Don't know where they were from either. Caleb Pierpoint was the daughter of Charles and Martha Chew Pierpoint. Our Charles Taylor born in 1714 in New York and died at the age of 101 in 1815 in New York came from my grandpa Henry Taylor's memoirs written in 1928 here in Atwood, Rawlins County, Kansas. Here is the quote. See what you make of it. He is talking of his great great grandfather and he, Henry Taylor was born February 18, 1824 in Leesburg, Loudoun Co., Virginia and died in Rawlins County, Kansas on July 5th, 1931 at age 107.
(((("He was a splendid seaman and was given the command of a fine "Three Masted Schooner" plying between the South American Ports, Indies and the Colonies. He made the sea his home........ He lived to a good old age, and died leaving to his son Charles a little squadron of trading vessels. My great great grandparent, not unlike his father glorified in breasting the waves and storms of the oceans and they prospered. Charles, living to be a very old man, and according to family tradition, died in 1815, one hundred and one years old. (Born in 1714)"))))
P. S. This is also where we found:
1. Thomas Taylor
2. Betsy Taylor
3. Jane Taylor
"This Charles Taylor's" & Unknown wife's child:
Thomas Taylor"s & Caleb Pierpoint: Their Children:
1. *Thomas Jr. Taylor married Sarah Musgrove April 21, 1782 in Warrington, Pennsylvania.
2. Rachel Taylor married Abraham Griffith December 30, 1788 Fairfax, MM. , Fairfax, Va.
2nd husband Thomas Phillips married February 28, 1801 in ????
3. Jesse or Jefsey Taylor married Ruth Bale May 26, 1784 in Probably Fairfax, MM. , Fairfax, Va.
4. Henry Taylor born Abt. 1753 married ???
5. Joseph or Joshua Taylor married Elizabeth Skinner September 10, 1807 in Loudoun Co., Virginia.
6. Anne Taylor married Alexander Sutherland in ????
2nd husband John Ewell in ????
7. Mary Taylor married Joseph West Plummer January 04, 1776 in Monoquesy, MH Maryland.
8. Sarah Taylor married Benjamin Hough Canby December 26, 1792 in Fairfax MM, Loudoun Co., Virginia.
Thomas Taylor Jr. married Sarah Musgrove: Their Children:
1. *Thomas III Taylor married Penelope Richards January 02, 1822 in Loudoun County, Virginia.
2. Joseph Taylor born Abt. 1784 in Loudoun County, Virginia married ????
3. William Taylor married Euphamey Brown June 03, 1809 in Loudoun Co., Virginia.
4. Caleb Taylor married Elizabeth Shaw February 17, 1813 in ????
Thomas III Taylor married Penelope Richards: Their Children:
1. Thomas IV Taylor born about about 1823 married ???? had one daughter Bessie Taylor born about 1866 who married John Hickson.
2. *Henry Taylor married Arminda Eastman January 01, 1851 in Grant County, Wisconsin, d/o Levi Eastman born in Mohawk River, Vermont and died June 27, 1872 in Wingville, Wisconsin & Margaret Buchanan Eastman born in Ireland and they lived in North Gower, Canada.
3. Edward G. Taylor born December 28, 1828 in Leesburg, Loudoun County, Virginia and died September 17, 1908 in ???? California in "Old Soldier's Home" & married ????
4. Sarah Elizabeth Taylor married Joseph Norris Keith January 11, 1853 in probably Montfort, Grant Co., Wisconsin.as he is buried in the Montfort Cemetery.
5. Elizabeth Taylor born about 1833 in Ohio. Have nothing more on her. She may have been an infant.
6. Mary Belle Taylor married Irving D. Stone April 14, 1897 in ????
7. Albert R. Taylor born about 1837 in Grant Co., Wisconsin and died August 01, 1864 in Andersonville, Georgia. He was killed in The Civil War. (Someone tell me what battle that would have been.)
8. Griffin Taylor born about 1839 in Grant Co., Wisconsin, married Unknown had one infant.
I hope this helps clear up some misconceptions and please if you have anything to add let me know and asap. Thanks, Mary
Here are the connecting names from my family files:
These are through the women. They are all old names from the Colonies as all my people except the Prideaux line go back that far. Marshall, Randolph, Harris, Nuzum, Webster, Chew, Innes, Richards, Isham, Wallis, Smith, Threlkeld, Threlkel, Penn, Lee, Carter, Root, and more.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|