0. Seeking parents, siblings, family background of the Penelope M. (Minor?), 1820-96 of Loudoun Co VA HAVENER who on 2 February 1848 m Lee A, SAUNDERS in Loudoun Co VA. Lee Saunders died in 1852 and Penelope then m John A. DARNES (or DARNE), apparently the son of Captain Robert DARNE & Verlinda ("Linnie") WREN. Also seeking the parents, siblings and family background of Lee A. SAUNDERS.
1. In the 10 September 1850 US Census for Loudon County, VA:
SAUNDERS, Lee, M 40, Farmer, $3000 in Real Estate, b VA
SAUNDERS, Penelope, F 29, b VA
SAUNDERS, Jno., M 3, b VA
SAUNDERS, Albert, M 11 Months, b VA
2. In the 1860 US Census for Loudon County, VA:
[Lee SAUNDERS is unlisted and may have died; and Penelope likely has remarried, to John A. DARNES. Three of the SAUNDERS children, John, Albert, and James are now enumerated with this DARNES family.]
DARNES, Jno. A., M 30, Farmer, b in Loudoun Co., VA
DARNES, Penelope, F 35, b in Loudoun Co., VA
SAUNDERS, John W., M 12, b in Loudoun Co., VA
SAUNDERS, Albert L., M 10, b in Loudoun Co., VA
SAUNDERS, James S., M 9, b in Loudoun Co., VA
3. Source: Page 139 of Loudoun County, Virginia, Marriage Bonds, 1762-1850:
Name of Groom: Lee A. Sanders [should be SAUNDERS]
Name of Bride: Penelope M. Havener of Cameron Parish
Date of Bond: 30 January 1847
Security of Bond: Thomas A. Havener
4. GHS: The fact that Thomas A. HAVENER put up the marriage bond suyggests that he is a close relative of Penelope M. HAVENER. Because Thomas A. Havener was b in 1818 and Penelope M. Havener was b ca 1820, it is more likely that Penelope was the sister rather than the daughter of Thomas A. HAVENER.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|