"On the side of Route 681, about 1/2 mile west of the intersection of Routes 652 and 681.
Joseph Sykes probably built the one room and loft with a lean-to around 1816. It was acquired by Francis H. Atkins / Atkinson in 1842. At the age of 84, in 1905, Francis Atkins / Atkinson sold the farm to his dau in law, Cornelia Agnes, wife of Ernest A. Atkinson. In 1941 the Atkinson farm was sold to J.E. Wells who lives in Newport News with his daughter."
Book: Historic Isle of Wight by Helen Haverty King pg 2
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|