Yes. They were in Isle of Wight Co. I am specifically referring to Elizabeth Larkin b. 5 Sep 1641 in England who married Henry Pierpont who was b. 1613 in England. I have read two theories on these people.
1) Theory Number One, souce obtained on the internet after my intiialy posting, is an excerpt from The Pierpoint-Pierpont Family of Maryland-Virginia West Virginia copyright, 1973, Second Edition:
'The Maryland-Virginia line stems from Henry Pierpoint, who arrived in southern Virginia in 1635. Under "Immigrants to Virginia," Vol. VI, Virginia County Records, page 284, May 15, 1635, is the following: "These underwritten names are to Virginia embarked in the Plaine Joan, Richard Buckam, Master, the parties having brought attestation of their
conformity to the orders and discipline of the Church of England," Included on the list of passengers was Henry Perpoynt, aged 22. The record states that the
"Bonaventure," which sailed from England in 1634, and the "Plaine Joan," which sailed in 1636, both landed their passengers in the Isle of Wight County, Virginia. In the book, "Early Virginia Immigrants," it is stated that in 1635, Elizabeth Larkin was brought into Wassaquinoake County by John Upton, and in 1637, she was transported by John Upton to the "Isle of Wight" County. There is good reason to believe that it was Elizabeth Larkin whom Henry Pierpoint married, as the Virginia records show that at
that time she was the only single woman in that colony by the name of Elizabeth, and we do know that Henry Pierpoint's wife's name was Elizabeth.'
Additionally, I have read elsewhere that, Ms. Larkin and Mr. Pierpont were married during 1643 in Isle of Wight Co. and had five children before they migrated to Maryland.
2) Theory Number Two: Henry and Elizabeth were already married in England before arriving in America. The issue of their first 5 children being born in Isle of Wight Co. appears to be undisputed within the forums and elsewhere. If you need the specifics on these children, please let me know.
Here are my inquires:
1) Someone posted on one of the forum sites that they could not find any record of the Plaine Joan.
2) If Ms. Larkin was brought to America by Mr. Upton, who is Mr. Upton, on which ships were they passengers, and where or to whom is Mr. Upton transporting Ms. Larkin?
3) Since my initial posting, it has been suggested that Ms. Larkin's father was William Larkin and Dorothy. That is all I know of the Larkins.
4) I have some information on the Pierpont family extending to the 1400's, but with some sketchy informaiton concerning their wives.
Thank you for your time and interest.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|