The following is taken from the Record-Advertiser, Halifax, Virginia, Nov. 20,1930-Jan.22,1931."Editor`s Note- We commend to every citizen and lover of Old Halifax this series of articles on County Line Church, prepared after long and patient research by Mr. Aubrey M. Keesee, now principal of Rosa High School and one of the most brilliant of our county`s young men. Each installment that we have seen contains valuable historical incidences and we believe many will clip these articles for future use. They deserve it: (part one)In the western part of Halifax County on Route 302, about one half mile from the Pittsylvania line stands County Line Baptist Church. This is the oldest body of organized believers in the county and is one of the oldest Baptist congregations in Virginia. The congregation has been housed in three different buildings. There was banded together a group of believers in 1759. If the history of the church is reckoned from this date, County Line is the oldest continuous Baptist congregation in Virginia. This band met at intervals untill about 1770. The meetings were usually held in the home of William Harris, who planted the first church.