Mary, these films are available through your local family history library:
General indexes to wills, fiduciaries and etc., surnames A-H 1752-1949 (Indexes will books v. 0-50 and bond books v. 1-16) FHL US/CAN Film 31857
General indexes to wills, fiduciaries and etc., surnames I-Z 1752-1949 FHL US/CAN Film 31858
General indexes to devisees and heirs, surnames A-H 1752-1949 (Indexes will books, v. 1-50) FHL US/CAN Film 31859
General indexes to devisees and heirs, surnames I-M 1752-1949 FHL US/CAN Film 31860
General indexes to devisees and heirs, surnames N-Z 1752-1949 31861
1) Go to www.familysearch.org to find out where the local family history library (fhl) branch is. There are many many, probably quite near where you live
2) Go there and ask them to borrow the above films, and view them when they arrive; the film will tell you what book they are on and therefore which film you need (see the same web site to identify the film number). A volunteer at the fhl branch can probably help you with that, if it seems confusing.
3) request the films with the will records and wait patiently
4) while you are waiting, browse the fhl catalog on line to see what other records they have for Halifax County
5) view the film when it arrives.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|