I have some information on the Peters/Bowman family. You probably have it all by now. But I'll give you what I have.
Joel Peters, married Elizabeth Barnhart, August 22, 1833.
Cemetery records show Elizabeth was born January 18, 1815 and died May 13, 1856. This is Joel's first marriage.
Marriage record: Joel Peters, son of Jacob and Susannah Peters of Botetourt County, Va., married at age 48, (widowed) to Irena Bowman, daughter of John and Frances Layman. She was 38, and widowed.
Irena Bowman's first marriage was Joel I. or J. Bowman, (1816-1857)on October 11, 1838.
Later marriage records show Irena Peters, age 74, married
daughter of John and Francis Layman, to Elijah P. Fleshman, son of Abram and Rebecca Fleshman.
Cemetery records show Irena Fleshman, buried in same cemetery as Joel Peters, she being born october 2, 1819, died March 11, 1908
Joel Peters, born August 25, 1809, died August 27 1889.
Joel Peters and Elizabeth Barnhart are the parents of:
1. William H. Peters, born June 6, 1849, died, April 16, 1935.
marriage #1: William H. Peters, age 21, son of Joel and Elizabeth Peters, married on December 19, 1870, to Acie E. Wray, 19, daughter of Edward and Elizabeth Wray.
marriage #2: William H. Peters, age 36, widowed, married on January 13, 1887 to Mary Ann Bowman, age 25, daughter of John E. and Elizabeth Bowman.(John Edwin Bowman, born 10-14-1839, died 12-22-1921; Elizabeth Mary Bowman born 12-12-1837, died 9-26-1921.)
Cemetery records, show Acie E. Peters, born June 17, 1851, died March 6, 1886 (Wife of W.H. Peters).
Mary Ann Peters, born 3-12-1861, died 1-26-1941.
2. Jacob B. Peters, born November 29, 1841, died November 26, 1886, married November 26, 1886, at age 23 to Martha Ann Bowman, age 18, daughter of "Joel J. or I. and Irena Bowman. This is the same Irena Bowman who married Jacob's father after his mother passed away.
Second Marriage for Martha Ann Bowman Peters, age 40, widowed, on March 1, 1888 to Aaron Angle son of Daniel and Dianna Angle. He was 53, widowed.
3. Benjamin Peters, born, June 14, 1835, died August 31, 1865, married at age 21, on April 7, 1857 to Elizabeth Barnhart, age 22, daughter of Jonathan and Susan Barnhart.
4. David Peters, son of Joel and Elizabeth, age 21, married on March 10, 1859 to #1. Mary A. Kinsey, daughter of Christian (1804-1893)Kinsey and Susannah. She was 17.
#2. At age 26, widowed, he married on Nov. 29, 1865, Palmyra t. Bowman, daughter of Joel and "Irena Bowman"(future step mother). She was 24.
#3. At age, 33, widowed, he married on December 16, 1866, Miranda Susan Neathawk, daughter of Jacob and Susannah Neathawk of Botetourt co.
5. Frances J. Peters, daughter of Joel & Elizabeth, age 19, married, Feb. 11, 1869 to Jacob P. Neathawk, son Jacob and Susannah, She was 24.
6. Lydia Peters, daughter Joel & Elizabeth, married at age 18, on Dec. 10, 1874 to Chesley D. Wray, son of Benjamin & Mary. (I'm not positive about this marriage.
7. Susannah Peters, age 21, daughter of Joel and Elizabeth, married Jan 14, 1858, to Caleb Kinsey, son of David & Margaret Kinsey.
I have Cemetery records of Peters Cemetery, located on Rt. 688, 3/4 mile from State route 116, in Franklin County. All marriages are Franklin County records.
As I said, you probably have completed your tree by now, but I thought I give these records to you, in case.
There are probably more children, I just don't have them.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|