U.S. States: Virginia: Franklin County
Looking for parentage and descendants of Claiborne JOHNSON who married Mary HAWKINS in 1786 Lunenburg County, VA.
- Claiborne is on personal tax lists for Lunenburg County, VA from 1785-1789.
- He is on Land Tax records for Lunenburg County from 1787-1789.
- In 1784, he is on a deed with Stephen JOHNSON in Lunenburg County, VA but do not know how they are related.
- His father-in-law, John Hawkins, sold land to Claiborne JOHNSON in August 1789, Lunenburg County, VA. This land was sold in December 1789.
- He disappears after that ... perhaps he is the Clayburn JOHNSON enumerated in Spartanburg, SC in 1790, 1800 and 1810.
I also am trying to determine if these are the parents of my ggg grandfather, Claiborne B. JOHNSON who married Nancy THOMAS in 1821 in Lunenburg County, VA and migrated to Franklin County, VA in 1840 and later to Pettis County, MO in mid-1850s.
Any help? Please e-mail: email@example.com