My database has the following info:
Parents of Wm. Brooks b. 1775 d. bef 1844 who m. Mary Sellers on 14 Nov. 1798 with a bond date the same as yours: Benjamin Brooks and Elizabeth Harkins. No other info.
Parent of Mary Sellers (or Sellars) = Andrew Sellers. No other info.
Children of William & Mary:
1. Nancy D. m. Alexander Johnson 19 Oct 1841
2. Andrew S., b. 19 Oct 1799, d. 30 Jun 1865 m. 3 Jan 1822 Mary C. Brown.
3. Juliett P., b. 1801 m. 4 Feb 1833 Richard Eaton.
4. John, bc 1804
5. Cluffee Martin (not Clifford) b. 22 Mar 1806, d. 18 Jul 1885, m. 18 Nov 1830 Permelia Mattox. He also married Sarah Dudley and Emeline Hiett Forbes.
6. Ewell M., bc 1810, m. 15 Oct 1834 Levina W. Gilbert.
7. Pleasant D., bc 1813, m. 25 Apr 1833 Frances S. Gilbert. He also m. Sarah W. Gilbert.
8. Drucilla D., b 1817, m. 5 Apr 1853 Griffin Bush.
9. Isaac D., b 1819, d. 8 May 1889, m. 10-10-1839 Katherine M. Dudley.
10. Wiley F., b. 10 Jan 1823
All children born in Franklin Co., VA, probably all at Union Hall.
All children were married in Franklin Co., VA.
There were two different Brooks families in Franklin Co. in the late 1700's. Most knew each other but could never figure out how they were related. And, apparently, most of us haven't yet.
The other Brooks line (mine) was Levi Brooks and his wife, Nancy Hamblin, who came to Franklin Co. from Charlotte Co., Va. Levi's father was Joel Brooks, b. bet 1750-1760 in Prince Edward Co., Va. AFN: 1869-NXN
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|