Seeking information the on the family and origins of Benjamin THOMAS, b. abt. 1770, m. 22 Jul 1795 in Orange Co. NC to Margaret COSTNER or CORTNER; their bondsman was John THOMAS, poss. a brother.
This couple moved after 1800 to Botetourt Co. VA, where they were enum. 1810 poss. on Craig's Creek in an area that later became Craig Co. The structure of their household at that time was 11001-32210-00, but not all of these children can be accounted for.
Benjamin THOMAS paid taxes in Giles Co. VA in 1813, living on Sinking Creek near Newport. Benjamin and family are enum. in Giles Co. in 1820, 1830 and 1840. He last appears in 1842, and in 1850 the widow Margaret THOMAS age 70 (or thereabouts) is living in the household of her eldest daughter. Children (all m. Giles Co. VA):
* Mary "Polly" THOMAS b. 1796 in SC, m. John TAYLOR;
* William Strudwick THOMAS b. 1798 (and apparently named for Orange Co. NC politician William F. STRUDWICK Sr.), m. (1) Mary WALKER (2) Susan FRONT or TROUT;
* Ann or Anna THOMAS b. abt. 1801, m. James TAYLOR (my ancestors);
* Catherine(?) THOMAS b. abt. 1806, m. Henry SEVINE or SEVIER;
* Benjamin THOMAS b. 1804-1810.
Census data indicate that there were one more son and five more dau. whose names are not known.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|