Seeking any information that might explain the ties between sons of Abraham Vaughan (1795-6 will Charlotte Co. Va.) to the Reece/Reese/Rease family from Virginia.
1790 Census Spartanburg, 96 District SC
Captain Ephriam Reece, Thomas Reece, Travis Reece, John Vaughan and Felix Vaughan.
1799 Charlotte Co. Va.
Will of Joseph Reese
witness: David Vaughan along with Thomas C. Elliott, John Davis & Jacob Edwards.
1810 census Greenville District, SC
David Vaughan, Lewis Vaughan, Travis Reece
October 22, 1817, Greenville District, SC
Will of Travace Rees no wife listed, children: Thomas Rees, executor, John Rees, Sarah Snow, Henry Rees, Jesse Rees, Mary Rogers. My son John Rees is afflicted and I place him in the care of David Vaughan and also I free my faithful old slave Betty and provide for her care and place her under the care of David Vaughan of Greenville District. Witness: Lewis Vaughan and Polly Vaughan.
1840 census of Spartanburg District, SC, page 77/13, (image 33 Ancestor.com)
1. Jesse Reece family. (son of Travace Rees, will dated 10/22/1817, witnessed by Lewis and Polly Vaughan)
2. David Vaughn: 3 males - 5, 1 male 20 - 30, 1 female 20 - 30.
3. Archd. Vaughn: 1 male - 5 (James Lemuel), 1 male 5 - 10 (William), 1 male 10 - 15 (unknown), 1 male 20 - 30 ( Archibald), 1 female - 5 (Harriet), 2 females 5 - 10 (Amanda Louisa & Mary), 1 female 15 - 20 ( this was probably marked in wrong age column as Elizabeth should have been in the 20 - 30 column).
4. Colum Ellis family.
5. James Brockman family, real estate owner.
6. Lewis Vaughn: 1 male 70 - 80 (Lewis), 1 female 40 - 50 (Mary/Polly)
(The David & Archibald Vaughn/Vaughan families in household 2 & 3 are sons of Lewis & Mary Childrey Vaughan living in household 6.}
1850 census, Greenville District, S.C.
David Vaughn 75, male, white, farmer, real estate $1700, birthplace Virginia
Mary 61 female white birthplace SC
Sylvia 25 female white birthplace SC
Betty Rice (Reece) 94 female black blind birthplace Virginia
(Betty Reece from 1817 Travis Rees/Reece will still living in the home of David Vaughan)
I believe these families are connected other than both moving from Virginia to upstate SC. Sure hope someone knows the answer.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|