I found this information while doing my research, and unfortunately, I can only help you with John's ancestors. I have nothing on his descendants as that was not relevant to the line I was tracing.
Samuel Heinrich Obenshain died in 1757 in Berks Co., PA. He had two sons, Christian and Reinhold. Your John descended from Reinhold. (Reinhold, Samuel, Daniel, John).
Reinhold was married to Anna Wilson. One source indicated they had 5 sons and 10 daughters. The only ones I have names for from this source are:
1. Samuel, b. ca 1756 (Austin Book pg 97-98 says 13 Jan 1749), d. 6/6/1824 in Botetourt County. He married Phebe Taylor on 2/12/1776.
2. George m. Mary Taylor
3. Reinhold m. 1. Catherine Deater and 2. Mary Hewitt.
4. Philip m. Sarah "Sally"
A second source lists the above plus:
8. Anna Margaretha
10. Magdalence Madeline Moolin
12. Philippina Phebe
13. Elena Elma Nelly
Sameul, Reinhold's son, had the following children that were listed in his will:
1. Daniel, b. ca 1777 in Bot. Co., VA; m. in Bot. Co., VA. 2/2/1803 Hannah Marquart, b. ca 1781. Hannah was the daughter of Philip Marquart.
2. William, m. 1. Mrs. Sarah Fesler, m. 2. Susanna Beckner
3. Elizabeth, "Betsy" m. John Leffle
4. Mary "Polly" m. John Graybill
5. John m. 1. ?? m. 2. Mary Robinson
6. Peter, m. Christiana Beckner
8. Nancy m. James Fisher
9. Jacob O. m. Mary Obenshain
Daniel Obenshain was born ca 1777. Ref. Bot. Co., VA 1850 Census #967. His will was dated 3-15-1861 and probated 10-1862. He and Hannah had the following children.
1. William m. Susan Obenshain
2. John, b. ca 1806, d. 1881 (Bot. Co., VA will).. He married Lucinda Smith on 3/22/1832 in Bot. Co., VA.
4. Nancy m. Jonathan Beckner
5. Malinda m. Peter Obenshain
6. Samuel m. 1. Elizabeth A. Hardy, m.2 Lucy Elizabeth Halley
7. Lewis (unmarried)
8. Peter M., m.r Matilda Ann Shanks
10. Catherine Ellen m. Thomsa H. Burns
Your John's will was dated 5-6-1881 and probated 10-10-1881. In it was listed his wife Lucinda and children: Mary A. Beckner, Hannah Richardson, Ellen Deisher, Samuel, Sallie E. Camper 9?), and Martha V. Deisher.
There is intermarriage in the Obenshain line.
Hope this helps you some. I found this information in the Burton papers at the Roanoke (VA) Public Library's Virginia Room.
I also found another researcher's file that indicated the ancestors of Samuel Heinrich Obenshain (Abendschon) as follows, tracing back from Samuel Heinrich. Source information was not provided in this researcher's notes.
1. Wolfang Philip Abendschon, b. 5/23/1655 in Schwaigern, Wurtemberg, Germany
2. Johannes Abendschon was born January 20, 1626/27 in Schwaigern, Wurtemberg, Germany
3. Hans L. Abenschon born 1578 .
4. Wendel Abendschon was born 1550.
I would like to see what you have as well. You can e-mail me.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|