Joseph Carter, born about 1732 in St. George's Parish, Spotsylvania Co., VA, and died 6 August 1814 in Bedford Co., VA. He married Judith Chastain, born 1737 in Virginia and died 24 July 1813 in Bedford Co., VA. She was the daughter of Pierre Chastain and Mildred "Middy" Archer. Joseph Carter and Judith Chastain married about 1755.
Joseph Carter moved from Spotsylvania County to Buckingham County and then to Bedford County.
Children of Joseph Carter and Judith Chastain:
1. John Carter, born about 1756 in Goochland Co., VA, died in 1841 in Bedford Co. He married Frances DePriest on 12 September 1787 in Buckingham Co., VA.
2. Joseph Carter, born 1757 in Spotsylvania Co., VA, died in 1849 in Morgan Co., KY. He married Magdalen Chastain in 1786 in Buckingham Co., VA.
3. Mary "Polly" Carter, born about 1761 in Spotsylvania Co., VA, married Josiah McKinney.
4. Ammon Carter, born between 1761 and 1765 in Spotsylvania Co., VA, died before 20 October 1851, possibly in Alabama. He married Mary Burnett.
5. Judith Carter, born about 1757 in Spotsylvania Co., VA, married Joseph Gevedon.
6. Priscilla Carter, born about 1770 in Spotsylvania Co., VA, and died after 1843 in Bedford Co., VA. She married Williamson Burnett (brother to Mary Burnett) on 15 May 1792 in Buckingham Co., VA.
7. Nancy Carter, born about 1772 in Spotsylvania Co., VA, married Thomas Phelps on 1 December 1814 in Bedford Co., VA.
8. Elizabeth Carter, born about 1775 in Spotsylvania Co., VA, married Isham Miles.
9. Henry Carter was born about 1780 in Spotsylvania Co., VA.
I believe Joseph Carter did leave a will, but I will have to look that up in my files.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|