Looking for assistance from anyone that can help me fill in the missing blanks for my Myers and associated relatives. Below are four generations of Myers from WV and VA. Any assistance you can provide me will be greatly appreciated.
I have more information about some of the folks listed below and am willing to share the information.
Thanks a bunch,
Generation No. 1
1. CHARLES1 MYERS was born Bet. 1818 - 1838 in VA. He married MARY BUTLER , daughter of ROBERT BUTLER and MARGARET LANTZ.
Child of CHARLES MYERS and MARY is:
2. i. JOHN RANDOLPH2 MYERS, b. 1858, Ronceverte (Roane Co.), VA (present day Lewisburg, WV); d. Bet. 1952 - 1960, Clifton Forge, (Alleghany Co.) VA.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN RANDOLPH2 MYERS married (1) UNKNOWN Bet. 1877 - 1879. He married (2) ELIZABETH ANN KERSEY May 18, 1891 in Alleghany Co., VA. She was born 1875 in Alleghany County, VA, and died Bet. 1935 - 1951 in Boiling Springs, Alleghany Co., VA.
Notes for JOHN RANDOLPH MYERS:
According to his 1891 Alleghany Co., VA, Certificate of Marriage, his first wife had died; therefore, Elizabeth "Bettie" Kersey was his second wife. When John and Elizabeth, aka Betty, were married, John lived in Roanoke Co. and Bettie lived in Alleghany Co.
John was farmer in Boiling Springs, Allegheny County, VA, on Sunset Springs Road. The family farm was located near the VA-WV line, not far from the Covington-Clifton Forge, VA area. According to the 1910 U.S. Census, the family house was along the Chesapeake and Ohio (C&O) Rail Road Line. Also the 1910 Census listed a boarder named Henry D. Nothing is known about Henry except he was born in OH and his father was from OH and his mother was from WV.
To supplement his income for his family, John worked as a day laborer for the then C&O Rail Road Line, as the railroad was only a mile from his farm. By 1910, through his hard work, John was promoted to a line foreman for the railroad. According to the 1920 U.S. Census, John was still working for the railroad at the age of 65. With his connections in the C&O rail line, John was able to assist his sons, James, Jessie, Julian and Edgar find employment with the C&O railroad.
Notes for ELIZABETH ANN KERSEY:
According to Elizabeth "Bettie" Kersey's Marriage Certificate, her parents were Charles and E. "Kursey." In addition, Betty had a sister, Elizabeth, who married a Murphy.
Children of JOHN MYERS and UNKNOWN are:
3. i. CHARLES CLARENCE3 MYERS, b. 1880; d. 1957.
ii. MARY IDA MYERS, b. Bet. 1877 - 1891.
Children of JOHN MYERS and ELIZABETH KERSEY are:
4. iii. SARAH F.3 MYERS, b. March 1892, WV.
iv. JESSIE FRANKLIN MYERS, b. January 11, 1895, Boiling Springs (Alleghany Co.), VA; d. March 20, 1965, Alleghany Co., VA.
Notes for JESSIE FRANKLIN MYERS:
Jessie, like his father and brothers, worked for the Chesapeake & Ohio R.R., though his last job was with the US Government as a postal clerk. It is believed that Jessie did not move out of the local area and died in the Clifton Forge, Allegheny County, VA area. Jessie was also a member of a blue grass band and played that played in the Alleghany an Shenandoah Valleys. Jessie and his band did record one 78-RPM record.
5. v. JAMES ROBERT MYERS, b. February 21, 1898, Boiling Springs (Alleghany Co.), VA; d. November 29, 1952, City of Lynchburg, VA.
6. vi. ALICE MAY MYERS, b. 1900, Boiling Springs (Alleghany Co.), VA.
vii. ALEX H. MYERS, b. 1903, Boiling Springs (Alleghany Co.), VA; d. 1955.
viii. ZELLA L. MYERS, b. 1906, Boiling Springs (Alleghany Co.), VA.
7. ix. LOUISE E. MYERS, b. July 23, 1905, Boiling Springs (Alleghany Co.), VA; d. April 1982, White Sulpher Springs (Greenbrier Co.), WV.
x. JULIAN LUTHER MYERS, b. February 19, 1910, Boiling Springs (Alleghany Co.), VA; d. March 28, 1994, Gibsonton (Hillsborough Co.), FL.
xi. EDGAR RAYMOND MYERS, b. January 29, 1912, Boiling Springs (Alleghany Co.), VA; d. May 1972, City of Martinsville, VA.
xii. HENRY D. YANTES, b. 1897, OH.
Generation No. 3
3. CHARLES CLARENCE3 was born 1880, and died 1957. He married LILLIE SMITH Bet. 1899 - 1905. She was born 1883, and died 1957.
Child of CHARLES MYERS and LILLIE SMITH is:
8. i. CLARENCE ECHOLS4 MYERS, b. 1914; d. 1976.
4. SARAH F.3 MYERS (JOHN RANDOLPH2, CHARLES1) was born March 1892 in WV. She married RALPH BOERNER. He was born Bet. 1879 - 1893.
Children of SARAH MYERS and RALPH BOERNER are:
i. CLARENCE4 BOERNER, b. June 05, 1915, VA; d. January 30, 1992, Rocky Mount (Franklin Co.), VA.
ii. FRANK BOERNER, b. May 25, 1919, VA; d. May 1971, VA.
5. JAMES ROBERT3 MYERS was born February 21, 1898 in Boiling Springs (Alleghany Co.), VA, and died November 29, 1952 in City of Lynchburg, VA. He married LOIS VIRGINIA JOHNSON July 18, 1925 in Gospel United Methodist Church, City of Lynchburg, VA, daughter of WILLIAM JOHNSON and BERTA LAYNE. She was born June 3, 1907 in City of Lynchburg (Rustburg, Campbell Co), VA, and died April 11, 1973 in City of Lynchburg, VA.
Notes for JAMES ROBERT MYERS:
James Robert Myers, aka JR, was born in 1898, in Alleghany County, VA, and later married Lois Virginia Johnson. James, like his father, worked for the C&O R.R. James began working for the company while living at home with his parents, but by the 1920's James moved to the City of Lynchburg, VA. James continued to work in Lynchburg for the C&O R.R. as an Assistant Signalman until the day he died.
Child of JAMES MYERS and LOIS JOHNSON is:
9. i. MARY VIRGINIA4 MYERS, b. April 28, 1926, City of Lynchburg, VA; d. July 27, 1988, City of Lynchburg, VA.
6. ALICE MAY3 MYERS (JOHN RANDOLPH2, CHARLES1) was born 1900 in Boiling Springs (Alleghany Co.), VA. She married MARVIN (UNKNOWN). He was born Bet. 1895 - 1903 in England.
Children of ALICE MYERS and MARVIN (UNKNOWN) are:
i. NANCY4 (UNKNOWN).
ii. JIMMY (UNKNOWN).
7. LOUISE E.3 MYERS (JOHN RANDOLPH2, CHARLES1) was born July 23, 1905 in Boiling Springs (Alleghany Co.), VA, and died April 1982 in White Sulphur Springs (Greenbrier Co.), WV. She married (Unknown) BOWEN.
Children of LOUISE MYERS and (Unknown) BOWEN are:
i. CHILD4 BOWEN.
ii. CHILD BOWEN.
iii. CHILD BOWEN.
iv. CHILD BOWEN.
v. CHILD BOWEN.
vi. CHILD BOWEN.
Generation No. 4
8. CLARENCE ECHOLS4 MYERS (CHARLES CLARENCE3, JOHN RANDOLPH2, CHARLES1) was born 1914, and died 1976. He married DREAMER CUNNINGHAM Bet. 1933 - 1939. She was born Bet. 1913 - 1920 and died Bet. 1980-1990.
Children of CLARENCE MYERS and DREAMER CUNNINGHAM are:
i. CHILD5 MYERS.
ii. CHILD MYERS.
9. MARY VIRGINIA4 MYERS (JAMES ROBERT3, JOHN RANDOLPH2, CHARLES1) was born April 28, 1926 in City of Lynchburg, VA, and died July 27, 1988 in City of Lynchburg, VA. She married WILLIAM RUSSELL MCALISTER December 24, 1942 in Campbell Co. VA, son of JOHN MCALISTER and QUEENIE DREWRY. He was born July 16, 1923 in City of Lynchburg, VA, and died December 02, 1997 in City of Lynchburg, VA.
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|