Thanks for responding. You have helped me many times in years past. I am trying to find the correct file to save to a portable hard drive or flash drive to put on new computer. This is what I have done:
I went into "My Computer", clicked explore, went into FTW file and found the following files.
1. Kembel5.FBK - 16,787KB and dated today at 1:30 - called FTW Backup file
2. FTW.ini-2KB and dated today and called configuration settings.
3. Kembel5.FTW 16,787 KB and dated today at 1:37 p.m. and called FTW Family File
4. Kembel5.FBK.FTW - 16,787 KB and dated 8/4
5. Kembel 5.FBK.FBK - 16,787 dated 8/4 and 6:50 p.m. and called FTW backup file
6. Kembel5.FBK.FBK.FTW - 16,787 KB dated 8/3 at 5:02 p.m. and called FTW Family File
7. Kembel5.FBK.FBK.FBK - dated 8/3 at 5:02 pm. and called FTW backup file
Down farther on the list I find one that has Kembel3.FTW and it is called FTW Family File and is dated July 14 and has a very little more data than the other file 16,879 instead of 16,787.
What has happend is that my computer is on its last legs (new one has been ordered) and I was getting messages when I tried to get on my file that is was damaged or corrupted and to open a new one and give it another name. I think that is why there are so many files.
CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH ONE I SHOULD SAVE FOR CONVERTING TO THE NEW COMPUTER.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|