The problem I think users are having is with the Microsoft instructions on their site. here are written instructions (specifically for UFT), which seems to have helped those having problems with the Microsoft instructions.
Here are the steps to patch the file.
1. Download the patch file patch_26.exe from the Microsoft site.
2. Using Windows Explorer or the Run window, open the
patch_26.exe file and extract the two files: patch26.exe and readme.txt.
3. Copy the extracted patch26.exe file to the directory that contains UFT (normally C:\UFT).
4. In Windows, click Start then Run.
5. In the Run Window, type "command" and click the OK button.
6. Type the following (this assumes that UFT is installed in the C:\UFT directory, so change the instructions if you have it installed somewhere else):
attrib -r foxw2600.esl
attrib +r foxw2600.esl
When you type the "patch26" line, you should see some lines that indicate the patch was executed successfully. Type "exit" and press Enter in the command prompt window to return to Windows.
You should be able to start UFT without errors now. Note that when the patch is run, there is a new file called "Copy of Foxw2600.esl" in the UFT directory. You should be able to delete this "copy" without any problems with UFT.
I hope this helps.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|