You're AWESOME! I would LOVE it if you could take a look at my database. I'll send you my .SQZ file, which includes everything. I'll also send you a description of my problem, as described in more detail below (copied here for the benefit of anyone else struggling with a similar problem):
The project loses its Place Names whenever I print the INDEX from the Family Journal. I end up getting the "Error Number: 26" message, and when I re-open the database, all the Places are replaced with a "missing place" message. The database it seems to complain about at that point is called C:\WINAPPS\UFT\Y_EVFLD.DBF
Here are the steps you can take to see the error:
1. Open SCARNO.SQZ.
2. Go to Reports / Family Journal.
3. Click on Preview.
4. Select Index from the Print Preview box and click OK.
- The page preview of the Index looks fine.
5. From the preview of the Index page, click on the printer icon to print the page.
- The page prints fine.
6. Close the Family Journal page:
- HERE'S WHEN THE ERROR 26 SHOWS UP!!
When I export/import to/from GEDCOM (Event 1.0), it seems to fix the problem, but I also seem to have lost many records (for example, NONE of the Family events get imported).
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|