I am very sorry to hear that, meanwhile I downloaded the demo from Legacy and gave it a try with my gedcom file from UFT.
First impression is fine it is intuitive and claer but when you take a closer look:
- it is slower than UFT (individuallist of 2200 people took more than a minute to produce so what with very large databases)
- my text of events was transfered to one big textfile!
- There isn't any output in other languages than English (for you guys over the pond that is not a problem)
- after gedcom conversion you will need to edit all the records one by one in order to put the pictures, text, and so on...
- in the individual text window you cannot enter textcodes (bold, italic, footnote, index) as you can in UFT.
Regarding these few items (I tested it for a short time) I will stay a little longer with UFT and still have hope that we will get at least a bugfix...
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|