***Please don't post any replies to this message. If you have a question, create a new top-level message instead.***
When you upload a UFT Web Page, you have to upload it to a specific machine which can then process the Web page to allow you and everyone else to see it.
Prior to version 2.9, Web pages were uploaded to a machine at www.palladiumnet.com. This is the machine that you can't reach at the present time.
Beginning with version 2.9, Web pages are uploaded to the machine at www.uftree.com. This machine is working fine and everyone should be able to reach it. With a minor adjustment to one file, those with versions prior to version 2.9 can send their Web page to the www.uftree.com machine as well. There is an additional benefit to this. Your uploads should be processed and available sooner if you send them to www.uftree.com. This reason is that when you upload to www.palladiumnet.com your file is then transferred to the www.uftree.com machine which does the processing. By sending your Web page straight to www.uftree.com, your file is processed much quicker.
Here's what you need to do. The file that needs to be edited is the PD.INI file. This file has a setting that tells UFT which machine to upload your Web page to. The PD.INI file is located in the same directory (or folder, to use the Windows 95/98 terminology) where you have installed UFT.
1. Use Windows Explorer (Windows 95/98) or File Manager (Windows 3.1x) and go to the directory where you have installed UFT.
2. Look for a file that says wither PD.INI or just PD (which is the PD.INI but you have told Windows not to display the extension).
3. Double-click that file and it will open into Notepad.
4. In the section that says [FTP Server], you will find a line that says:
5. Change this line so it says:
NOTE: Don't add a second line so you end up with two lines that start IP=. Replace www.palladiumnet.com with www.uftree.com
6. From Notepad's File menu choose Exit and choose Yes when you are asked if you want to save your changes.
7. Now try uploading your Web page. Make sure that "Upload Instant Web Page" dialog box has your correct email address so we can send you an email when your Web page has been successfully processed and added to the uftree.com Web site.
Paul Burchfield, Genealogy.com Technical Support
Find Ultimate Family Tree knowledge base articles, hints, tips, message
boards and more at:
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|