Evelheier, Uebelhoer, Ebelher are some of the spellings. These were Roman Catholic Germans, who were probably in Russia about the time of Catherine the Great in 1830. Most of those early settlers in Russia were farmers Catherine had promised land to that were from Germany and France. Because of their same dialect they may have been originally from the Rhineland-Pfalz area of France or Germany now in upper Alsace (Neewiller is in this area). The Germans going to Russia kept their religion, language and customs all the time they lived in Russia. The Germans From Russia Historical Society is one of the two historical societies who have information and publications regarding these early settlers. In our family the Ubelhor became Evelheier as spelled by my grandfather who came to America in 1908, settling in Kansas. He was born Franzfeld, Odessa Dist., Ukaraine, Russia near the Black Sea. Be sure to look for all the spellings. I have found this information on one branch of the Übelhör family. Unfortunately, some of them ended up in Siberia.
Generation No. 1
1. MICHAEL1 ÜBELHÖR He married (1) FRANZISKA KUBI. He married (2) MARIA ANNA SEILER.
Children of MICHAEL ÜBELHÖR and MARIA SEILER are:
i. MAGDALENE2 ÜBELHÖR, m. JOSEF HEIER.
ii. ROSINA ÜBELHÖR, d. Bet. 1964 - 1965, Siberia, Russia; m. ANDREAS KRIDEL, Neuliebental, Odessa, Russia; d. Abt. 1939, Neuliebental, Odessa, Russia.
2. iii. VERONIKA ÜBELHÖR, b. August 20, 1885, Neu-Kandel (now Rayon Janowka), Odessa Dist, Ukraine, Russia; d. March 05, 1975, Bassenheim, Koblens, Germany.
3. iv. FREDINAD ÜBELHÖR, b. Abt. 1886, Russia; d. Bet. 1905 - 1909, Russia.
4. v. ROCHUS ÜBELHÖR, b. August 17, 1888, Russia; d. January 03, 1942, Liebenthal, Saskatchewan, Canada.
vi. ELISABETH ÜBELHÖR, b. Neu-Kandel (now Rayon Janowka), Odessa Dist, Ukraine, Russia; m. JOHANNES TUCHSCHERER, Russia.
vii. ANNA-MARIA ÜBELHÖR, b. August 15, 1893, Neu-Kandel (now Rayon Janowka), Odessa Dist, Ukraine, Russia; d. Aft. 1984; m. NIKOLAUS BACHMEIER; b. February 03, 1895, Alexanderfeld, Odessa Dist., Ukraine, Russia; d. 1975, Leverkusen, Germany.
viii. GEORG ÜBELHÖR, b. Neu-Kandel (now Rayon Janowka), Odessa Dist, Ukraine, Russia; m. ANNA ???; d. Siberia, Russia.
ix. SILVESTER ÜBELHÖR, b. Neu-Kandel (now Rayon Janowka), Odessa Dist, Ukraine, Russia.
x. TERESIA ÜBELHÖR, m. FERDINAND TIEFENBACH; d. Prob Russia.
Generation No. 2
2. VERONIKA2 ÜBELHÖR (MICHAEL1) was born August 20, 1885 in Neu-Kandel (now Rayon Janowka), Odessa Dist, Ukraine, Russia, and died March 05, 1975 in Bassenheim, Koblens, Germany. She married PHILIPP BLATTNER. He was born March 28, 1883 in Frannzfeld, Odessa Dist, Ukraine, Russia, and died January 23, 1956 in Karpinsk Kreis Swerdlowsk, Siberia, Russia.
Children of VERONIKA ÜBELHÖR and PHILIPP BLATTNER are:
i. GEORGE3 BLATTNER, m. MARGARETE RINGEL.
ii. JOHANNES BLATTNER.
iii. IRMA BLATTNER, m. ??? FELL.
iv. FRANZISKA BLATTNER, m. JOSEF MALSAM.
3. FREDINAD2 ÜBELHÖR (MICHAEL1) was born Abt. 1886 in Russia, and died Bet. 1905 - 1909 in Russia. He married BARBARA ???. She was born 1886 in Odessa, Russia, and died December 12, 1984 in Odessa, Russia.
Children of FREDINAD ÜBELHÖR and BARBARA ??? are:
i. KATIE3 ÜBELHÖR.
ii. EVA ÜBELHÖR.
4. ROCHUS2 ÜBELHÖR (MICHAEL1) was born August 17, 1888 in Russia, and died January 03, 1942 in Liebenthal, Saskatchewan, Canada. He married CATHERINE SCHILE Abt. 1910. She was born June 12, 1892 in Russia, and died July 26, 1944 in Liebenthal, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Children of ROCHUS ÜBELHÖR and CATHERINE SCHILE are:
i. MIKE3 ÜBELHÖR.
ii. PAUL ÜBELHÖR.
iii. MARGARET ÜBELHÖR.
iv. FRANCES ÜBELHÖR.
v. JACOB "JACK" ÜBELHÖR.
vi. ADAM ÜBELHÖR, b. January 10, 1920, Liebenthal, Saskatchewan, Canada; d. October 05, 1989, Calgary, Alberta, Canada; m. LIVING.
vii. GERTIE ÜBELHÖR.
viii. LEON ÜBELHÖR.
ix. BETTY ÜBELHÖR.
x. JOHANN ÜBELHÖR, b. March 1923; d. June 08, 1923.
xi. ALOYS ÜBELHÖR, b. 1927.
Notify Administrator about this message?
|Home | Help | About Us | Site Index | Jobs | PRIVACY | Affiliate|
|© 2007 The Generations Network|